Anyone near Greenville NC (free pork chop sandwich) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 12:52 pm Thread Starter

Anyone near Greenville NC (free pork chop sandwich)

IS there anyone on here near Greenville, NC? BEsides Tarheel Rider? TR (Joel) hooked me up on a possible bike (k1200 LTC). He is busy, as am I for a couple weeks and I could really use someone to check out a bike for sale down there, if you don;t mind. I know I haven't been here long, but thought I'd see if I could ask a favor...

I'll be glad to buy you a pork chop sandwich in Mount Airy, NC at the world famous Snappy Lunch sometime, if you;re passing through. As we're only 12 miles from the BRP, it is highly likely that many of you will pass thru....

rando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 12:59 pm

nope your closer than I am, at first I was thinking Greenville SC as I am headed real close to there this week (headed to cherryville actually)

Sorry
Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 9:01 pm

I'm in Greenville

Just stumbled back on the forum after a long spell away. Saw your post. Do you still need some help in Greenville, NC??

Adversity builds character.

BMW MOA #: 115771
My rides: '01 K1200LT Black (of course)
'00 BMW 540i (also black)
'76 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (not black)
'06 Toyota Landcruiser (black again)

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 7:34 am Thread Starter

Maybe not. My cousin drove down and checked bike, said it was pristine and that everything seemed to be in working order. So now we're trying to figure out when we can come get it. Probably have to be a week day, since I have no tag. I had to turn it in to the DMV when my bike was totalled.

Do you know a guy named David Griffin? He's the seller.

Rando
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 3:27 pm Thread Starter

doc,

On second thought, might you be willing to go have a lookie at this LT? the deal is pretty good and the seller seems eager to work with me anyway he can to sell the bike. Almost too eager. It's getting too good to be true.

Email me at [email protected] if you have some time in the nex week or so. Looks like it will take that long for me to get my part done to go after it, plus finding time to drive 4 hours to buy a bike I haven't seen or sat on.

just talked to him and he's fine with another "inspection" form a BMW owner. My cousin says its fine and good and all, but he is not all that dfamiliar with BMWs.

It sounds so good, I can hardly stand teh waiting and I don;t want to make a mistake on this one. My wife will kill me.

Rando

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in