BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Weaver Tire Machine & Marc Parns Balancer Reviews

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  katnapinn 
#1 · (Edited)
First some back ground. About 5 years ago I bought a N0-Mar tire machine with the balancer & just about every accessory No-Mar makes. I had an easy $1200.00 into it. I have changed will over 150 tires with this set up & had gotten good at doing them. Average time was 1 1/2 to 2 hours to pull both wheels, mount new tires , balance them then reinstall the tires. This included setting up the machine on the back of my truck (had the trailer hitch mount) & breaking it back down.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, after I did 2 set of tires on back to back Sundays for friends that took over 2 1/2 to 3 hours each & I was tired of killing myself doing tires I bought the Weaver Tire Machine.
I mounted it on a roll around stand so I could move it around in my garage. I also ordered the Marc Parns balancer. I sold my No-Mar with everything I had for it to a friend a few weeks ago also.

Now for the review. The Weaver Tire Machine is a very good machine. As good as any one I have seen in a bike shop. I have a friends (JimE) tires here at my house plus my tire so I went to work this morning changing tires. I first watched a video on line about how to use the machine then I pulled my tire off the bike. At first things did NOT go smoothly, the tire kept slipping as it turn on the turn table. The mounting head kept binding up. Now the machine did come with 2 different sized mounting heads & had the larger one on. I changed it for the smaller one, use a little more tire lube & the tire finally came off. Putting on the new one was a lot easier. Then I balanced it, total time for everything was about 1 hour.

By this time Jim was here so I get to work on his tires. Now that I kind of know what I am doing things went a lot faster & smoother. This Machine makes removing & mounting tires a breeze. I did both tires on Jim's bike in just over 1 hour. This is almost one half of the times is use to take me to do it.

Last the Mark Parns balancer. It is a very nice piece of equipment. Very well made & easy to use. I bought the R1200RT set up plus the K1600 adaptor. This way I can do about every BMW bike made. I built a stand to set it on (need to fine tune the stand) & it works great also. The balancer is very compact & fits into a small box that I already had.

If your are on the fence about doing your own tires & you have the room of this Machine I would just go ahead & get it. I just wish I would have gotten one a few years ago.
I also recommend The Marc Parns Balancer too. It is a very well made item.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.