IMS Dallas - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By katnapinn
  • 2 Post By katnapinn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jan 20th, 2016, 8:00 pm Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

IMS Dallas

A few of us from The Hill Country BMW Riders are going to the IMS in Dallas on 01/23/16 (Saturday). We plan on being there at 10:00 am when they open. If anyone wants to ride up or meet us there let me know.

Stevie Shreeve

Last edited by katnapinn; Jan 21st, 2016 at 7:19 am. Reason: fixed date
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jan 20th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Re: IMS Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn View Post
A few of us from The Hill Country BMW Riders are going to the IMS in Dallas on 01/22/16 (Saturday). We plan on being there at 10:00 am when they open. If anyone wants to ride up or meet us there let me know.
Saturday the 23rd?

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #3 of 12 Old Jan 21st, 2016, 1:35 am

I had a nice time there last year. No time to go there this year. I hope you all have a good time at the IMS. My favorite product at the show was the custom fit ear plugs (which could be made as ear buds for music as well). I didn't buy a pair but did buy my second favorite item: the omni-cruise - a great throttle lock I used on my trip back to KS.

What is your favorite product at the IMS?

post #4 of 12 Old Jan 21st, 2016, 7:21 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Kinsey View Post
Saturday the 23rd?
Yes Sorry, The 23rd, it was a long day yesterday starting at 3:15 am and a drive to Dallas for some more training. The the long drive home.
D.Kinsey likes this.

Stevie Shreeve
post #5 of 12 Old Jan 21st, 2016, 9:15 am

Didn't make it last year and was sure hoping to go this year but it's not going to happen.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #6 of 12 Old Jan 21st, 2016, 1:29 pm

Last time I went I was NOT impressed. The location has always been bad in my opinion, but last year it was worse. Tons of construction in the area, poor parking, plus about 2 or 3 other big events happening there at the same time. That didn't help the parking situation any at all. The show seemed smaller too.

Not gonna make it this year. The Mrs just had knee surgery and I need to stick around here til she's moving better.

I hope those that go have fun.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #7 of 12 Old Jan 24th, 2016, 7:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad View Post
Not gonna make it this year. The Mrs just had knee surgery and I need to stick around here til she's moving better.
Prayers for her swift and complete recovery, Doug.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #8 of 12 Old Jan 24th, 2016, 7:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211 View Post
Prayers for her swift and complete recovery, Doug.
Thank you, sir! She's doing good. No walker, no cane since 3 days after the surgery. Still got some pain to fight thru though.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #9 of 12 Old Jan 25th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Stevie...how was the show? Worth the trip this year?

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #10 of 12 Old Jan 25th, 2016, 7:16 pm

^^^

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #11 of 12 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 1:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad View Post
Last time I went I was NOT impressed. The location has always been bad in my opinion, but last year it was worse. Tons of construction in the area, poor parking, plus about 2 or 3 other big events happening there at the same time. That didn't help the parking situation any at all. The show seemed smaller too.

I hope those that go have fun.
I went to the MC Show in Dallas last year. All the construction was terrible. I got to put my low speed riding skills to the test...took a lot of concentration. The show was fine but I thought it would be something to do every 3+ years or so as motorcycle stuff doesn't really change very fast. (I was thinking about going this year though.)

As we were entering last year, we saw cheerleaders everywhere. We talked to a lady that is high up in the Motorcycle Show, traveling from city to city making sure everything goes well. She was annoyed as the cheer contests had been in the cities with the motorcycle show. Apparently, she had some run-ins with various cheer teams and was just tired of cheerleaders who were taking up hallway space to practice before their turn in the competition and were generally in the way.

How was the show this year? What were the best products?
post #12 of 12 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 8:05 am Thread Starter

The show was good. No real surprises except the "supercharged" Kawasaki H2R and H2. Both very cool looking bikes The show was very well put together and getting there & back onto the highway was very easy. The cheer leaders were back but they were on the far other end of the center (about 2 blocks) from the bike show so there was no overlap of people. There was a lot of old school bikes on display plus a lot of custom bikes. The BMW K1600 "Bagger" Concept Bike was there & it looked better then in the pictures I've seen online. The ride up was CCCCold, started at 27 degrees & warmed up ti a balmy 33 by the time we got there. The ride home was much better at 55 degrees.
ibbones and D.Kinsey like this.

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in