BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Kissan

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  RaffyK 
#1 ·
Can anyone help with the installation of a headlight modulator. It looks like it should be real easy but the instructions it came with suck.

#5 ·
Well I guess my question is the unit comes with three wires attached and has connectors at the ends. After pulling the power wires off the bulb, I'm lost???

#6 ·
If you are doing the low beam, you could have used the PW115-H7 kit and that would have been a quick plug and play.

http://www.kisantech.com/brochures/path-inst-manual.pdf

Pages 11-15 show installation guides. Page 11 would be of importance.

On the bike. Ground is brown wire. Yellow is positive to the low beam and white with yellow is for high beam positive for your bike.

You need to make your connections according to the input and output per installation instructions. That is ground to ground on the module, yellow to the input on the module and output to the bulb.

#9 ·
Well Raff, I fried it. No idea what I did the headlight modulated three times before I smelled wires burning. The unit was actually melting. I disconected it and put everything back to original. Just ordered the 115W H7. AAAHHH

#12 ·
Hey Raff, I got the 115W H7 plug and play and I'm on the road with a modulating headlight. Thanks for all the help, oh and Andy at Kisan was a real help also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.