Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Re: Handle bar vibration.
What we need around here is a sticky thread on certain issues.
For what its worth this is what I believe (you may believe different things). I will try to keep it short.
1. Opposed twin engines vibrate more then others- no way around it.
2. BMW engines will vibrate more until they are broken in.
3. Breaking in may take up to 20,000 miles especially if the rider is babying the bike.
4. It will vibrate more under load (uphill, heavy acceleration etc).
5. It will vibrate more if the throttle bodies are not synched.
1. Synch the throttle bodies yourself.
2. Ride the pi** out of it for a few miles. Like I'm talking redline...
3. Relax the grip. Its called Soft Hands... learn to ride.
2014 R1200RT WC
ďAs Woody Guthrie says, ĎLeft wing, right wing, chicken wing.íI keep my mind open. Whatever you believe, itís all a mystery in the end.Ē