BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

I have to start somewhere

808 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Booger man 
#1 ·
Introduction post of a new member. I'm riding a 2007 RT and a 2006 Goldwing. I've owned about 25 bikes in 50 years, mostly Hondas but this is my third BMW. My second RT and an airhead R100 was my first boxer.

#2 ·
Reactions: dduelin
#3 ·
Thanks Ed. I've been a member of MOA since 2005 and even kept up my membership in the years I did not own a BMW in order to keep my Platinum Roadside. The linked Hexhead Forum tech articles were a great help doing the 24K service on my new-to-me RT. I am new here though.

#4 ·
Welcome to the board...

I had an '05 and still think of it as my best bike, ever.
Many of us also visit the BMW Sport Touring site. Also free and a lot of good guys/gals there too.

#8 ·
Wow might be that Booger Man knows me from a ST1300 forum and my long-held opinion on 2000s era BMW final drives. Now that the resale value is so low on Hexheads another RT is a value proposition that is acceptable to me. Part of my evolution was turning a nice profit on the previous project RT I owned after replacing it's transmission & clutch. That project showed me that iffy FDs aren't a deal breaker and that a Hexhead RT is a great traveling companion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.