2Likes
  • 1 Post By minirips2
  • 1 Post By LAF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 6:51 am Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Helite Turtle 2 Air Bag Vest

I have a Helite Turtle 2 High Viz in size L that is new never worn for sale.

I paid 648.00 to the door. $550.00 OBO As I said it is new, never worn. Wrong size for me in all my weight loss and shifting of riding gear.

I like loosing the weight but I hate the cost of new clothing both street and riding. Loosing 45 Lbs makes a really BIG difference in ones life. Mostly good but some bad with the cost of replacing stuff.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 6:58 am
Enjoy The Ride

Re: Helite Turtle 2 Air Bag Vest

That's why I bought a Hit Air vest it is adjustable in the sizing.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 7:27 am

Years ago, I lost 20 pounds over the winter. The noticeable improvement in motorcycle performance had me smiling! Congratulations on your loss....
LAF likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 8:26 am Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
That's why I bought a Hit Air vest it is adjustable in the sizing.
Not sure what you mean?

This is adjustable also. However it is NOT a one size fits all. This is a Large. At 190 I need a XL to be in the middle of adjustment on BOTH my Winter Stich stuff and my Summer mesh stuff. A large would have worked it just was not in the middle on my summer stuff.

Anyway Helite is the innovator of the Air Vest and the only one I have worn so the only one I can speak about. I have no idea who Hit is and really never heard of them but as I said I can speak to this one and the previous Turtle vest.

I have heard people say they are hot in summer but I dont find that so compared to my mesh with a back pad in. With the Helite you remove your back pad from your clothing as the Turtle has a back pad built in that works with the air bags in the back of the vest. Since you adjust for a fist of space between the vest and your clothing this really gives you better air flow or at least that is my experience wearing this vest.

This new 2 is better cut and style wise it is also IMHO better looking then the first.

The important thing is to wear ALL you can to avoid injury.

ATGATT

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959
post #5 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 10:05 am
Enjoy The Ride

I went from 205 lbs in March to 160 lbs at the end of May this year & my Hit-Air vest had enough adjustability in the size it still works for me. There are several air bag vest manufactures. Hit-Air has been around longer than Helite.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old Dec 11th, 2019, 12:44 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
I went from 205 lbs in March to 160 lbs at the end of May this year & my Hit-Air vest had enough adjustability in the size it still works for me. There are several air bag vest manufactures. Hit-Air has been around longer than Helite.
Great for you on the weight loss also. I went from 229 to 180 and have stabilized at around 184-185

And I am happy your vest went with you as you went down in weight that saved you money for sure. I see the Hit is a lot less expensive so that is a good thing if it saves you some pain.

I did not have that luxury and ended up with a new vest I can not use, hence the post.

As I said I have no experience with other brands. I know the High Viz, with the reflective stripes has made a difference with visibility more then my C3 High Viz Helmet alone did. Since wearing it I have a lot less pull outs from side road cross traffic as it is the only thing that changed, I assume it is from being seen better.

I know if I had it on in 2010 I would not have broken ribs or had my head screwed back on to my neck. Yes I would have broken my wrist and my left ankle but I believe the vest would have saved me the neck fusion and broke ribs.

All I know is I am more confident in surviving a accident with a air bag vest on.

I got this at a good price and I am offering it for that price. I am not making anything just trying to break even. If someone needs a vest you can not buy this brand, in High Viz, and in the current Version 2, for the price I am offering it for.

That is my only point, and intent of this post.
Painterman likes this.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959
post #7 of 9 Old Dec 12th, 2019, 10:31 am

Can't you just trade it back to Helite. I upgraded my 3 year old vest for a new Turtle 2 a few months ago and the replacement cost including deliver was 460. So you should get loads more for a new, never worn vest. ( I do get discount though for being part of a riding group)
post #8 of 9 Old Dec 12th, 2019, 6:06 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casbar View Post
Can't you just trade it back to Helite. I upgraded my 3 year old vest for a new Turtle 2 a few months ago and the replacement cost including deliver was 460. So you should get loads more for a new, never worn vest. ( I do get discount though for being part of a riding group)
Well I guess I could trade it back but felt since I got it for 560 I would pass it on if someone wanted it. I am not stressing on it as it is paid for already and it is not eating anything. I am sure I will find someone who can use it and that is what I would like to see happen. 460 is about 619 dollars USA. So I think all but 60 bucks off is a good deal.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959
post #9 of 9 Old Dec 29th, 2019, 6:13 am Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

I have dropped the price to 520 + shipping.

If you are looking I can say you will never find a brand new Turtle 2 Helite for this price.

And do remember this is a new vest both in condition, and design from Helite. It is cut different and it is a better looking vest then the original Turtle.

PM if interested.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in