BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

C4 Pro, SC1 Advanced Garmin V

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SJM_NJ 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a new Schuberth C4 Pro with the SC1 Advanced module. I'm having trouble getting the Garmin to work properly through the Bluetooth connection. It is all garbled and at such a high volume as to be distracting, with no mechanism to reduce the volume. Also, every-time the helmet connects to the bike, the volume (SM Radio) also comes on at full volume but at least it can be easily adjusted.

I'm running 2.0.1 firmware in the SC1. Just curious if anyone else has this setup and is having different results as I'm not sure if I'm having a unique problem, a configuration problem or a firmware problem.

Thanks,

Steve

#2 ·
I have a close but not the same setup: C4 (not pro), SC1 Basic (no FM radio module), and a Nav VI. I have not experienced the volume problem you described, although I haven't used the Nav voice for months and only turn it on when I'm in an urban area.

On the Nav VI there is a volume setting for the voice somewhere in a menu, and I remember having to mess around with it at some point to get the voice into some reasonable sync with the radio and other sounds. Perhaps there is the same setting on the Nav V?

Reactions: Geoff c
#3 · (Edited)
I have a C4 and the SC1 Advanced unit with a Garmin V... I have the same volume issues. The Garmin GPS voice has never been that great with the set up but it is ok. You can adjust the volume on the GPS to 50% and that should take care of some of the issues.

The undated firmware did not fix the full volume problem. I need to turn it down every time it hooks up to the bike. Schuberth knows nothing about the SC1 units. I have talked to the big guys at SENA and they can not help. They just build them and that's it.

The one thing that really bothers me is the phone connection. After about 55-60mph my voice goes to crap. No one can understand what I am saying. Sent the entire helmet to Schuberth, they put new everything inside and it still does not work. Sounds like I am yelling thru a bunch of towel. :deadhorse

#4 ·
I reached out to both Sena and Schuberth to see if they had any suggestions. Sena didn't really have much to offer, other than a suggestion to delete all pairings and basically try again. Schuberth was a little more substantial, they had some thoughts on the GPS: lower the volume on the unit which apparently can only be done when the unit is off the bike. I looked for a volume control but didn't find one, so now I'll try again with the Garmin removed. They also blamed the volume issue with XM radio with the BMW bluetooth setup which apparently is proprietary, so nothing to try there and no fix coming anytime soon. Full response follows:

Thank you for your support of the SCHUBERTH brand and for taking the time to contact us. I’m sorry for the delayed reply, but I wanted to check in with the main office in Germany to see if they have had similar complaints and/or if they have come up with any solutions.

For the GARMIN, you can adjust the master output volume on the device, and you can go a step further and set the output volume levels for different functions, such as directions, calls, music, etc. You may need to remove the unit from the bike to do this. We suggest setting the output volume to 50-60%, but you can fine tune it on your own from there.

The SC1 should remember the previous volume setting for each device that it is paired to, but for some reason, the BMW Bluetooth Audio Platform causes trouble. The system is proprietary and prefers to work with BMW branded headsets, so it may be a compatibility issue. It isn’t common, but I’ve had one other similar complaint here, and the main office in Germany has no solution. The SC1 is a “generic” headset that may or may not work fully with any manufacturer’s on-board Bluetooth. We have a different set of issues working with Harley Davidson for example, and it is again related to the bike’s proprietary software.

I hope that we can resolve at least one of your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

#5 ·
On the back of these experiences you guys have had with the SC1, I'll stay right away from it, no need to invest into a several years old design. I have a Sena 10U in the C3 which is apparently the same hardware, packaged differently. Got mine before Schuberth took over from Sena with the 10U. But even if my information is wrong and the hardware is newer, the lack of support and I suspect updates makes me cautious. I am now looking at the Uclear Motion 6...

#6 ·
Just a quick update. In order to change the volume on the SC1 associated with the Garmin, you need to remove it from the motorcycle. It was set at 60%, so I lowered it to 50%. Also, hooked the helmet to the Garmin via bluetooth with the motorcycle not connected, and the volume could be fine tuned through the helmet volume control. Went for a ride and everything seemed to work well. Need to double check the iphone volume in this setup but that will have to wait for another day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.