BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Upgrade to r1250rt

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Geoff c 
#1 ·
Im thinking of trading up from a 17 r1200rt April 17 build to a r1250rt October 18 build.
Anything to be concerned about in the earlier 1250 builds?
Appreciate any ideas.

#2 ·
The only thing that I had read was leaks in the front brake calipers. BMW may have something out about it'

I am still waiting patiently to order my 2020 RT next year! :)

#5 ·
I have been looking to see what's new for the 2020, but nothing yet, except for colors. I am hoping for at least the LED headlights as well, otherwise they will be one of the first thing that I will change.

Reactions: Geoff c
#6 ·
Keep them both.

Attachments

Reactions: davebullock
#12 ·
Andy - hey, one can hope!!! :) In any case, I will take what it will be, since it will most likely be my last bike.

#14 ·
Thanks everyone.

Made the decision to trade up.

Mars red...all the options.

Now to replace the addons from the old bike. Sargeant seat, Quietworks windshield, Denali Cansmart with lights and horn, Inventors handlebar risers.

I have a standard top box which looked OK on the dark Blue bike but not so much on the Red. Might need a paint. Oh and some grip puppies.

OK ready to go....

#15 ·
I bought a 2019 R1250RT June 19 built . 2 weeks ago and can say after owning a 2016 RT and 2017 GTL the new R1250RT is a fantastic bike, so smooth .I agree with using something like Grip Puppies as the grips are way too small. Enjoy your new Rt I know you will love it, I ran mine in withing 2 days and had to leave it sitting around for 5 days after that to have the first service done so I did not go over the required max 1,200 klms .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.