BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

MPG displayed US or Imperial?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Goose11 
#1 ·
Title kinda says it all.... So, I know what logic would say if we live on this side of the Atlantic.. BUT, we all know logic most definitely does NOT always apply with our mothership. Does anybody know, FOR SURE, what our bikes here in North America display? Imperial or US gallons? My dealer doesn't know.. Neither do I..

#3 ·
Thanks... reason I questioned it was I'm in Canada, our bikes come in metric.. BUT, we can switch to "MPG and Fahrenheit " (depending on bike) with the on dash menu or at dealer via download... Before Canada switched to Metric in 1977-1978 we used Imperial gallons...

#4 ·
Thanks... reason I questioned it was I'm in Canada, our bikes come in metric.. BUT, we can switch to "MPG and Fahrenheit " (depending on bike) with the on dash menu or at dealer via download... Before Canada switched to Metric in 1977-1978 we used Imperial gallons...[/quote @Farkle1 I too am from Canada as well. Moved to Texas in 2001. So I also went through the transition from from imperial to metric. But Canada motorcycle market is sooooo small relative to the US.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Go over to the UK and you would go bonker!!! :) You buy fuel in liters, but the distance is in miles, and speed is mph! If I recalled correctly, their bikes, in particular the RT, shows the mpg using imperial gallon, and so you will always see a higher mpg on the RTs over there than what you would see on your own bike.

Reactions: beech
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.