BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Dash light dimming on 2010 RT?

770 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mtrevelino 
#1 ·
I have a new to me 2010 RT that I love, and put about 6000 miles the past couple months. My little complaint is the dash lights don't appear to be bright enough for me to see the readouts of mpg, fuel consumption, etc. I have it adjusted as high as allowed, and when I put my hand over the sensor, it does seem to come on, but briefly. Is there a way to have them on all the time?

Thanks for your help

Reactions: Painterman
#2 ·
Don’t think so. Only the brightness is adjustable. Strangely, yesterday while riding my 2011 across north Devon and Somerset I was occasionally riding under overhanging trees. They actually formed a tunnel where there was hardly any light and the dash lights did their stuff again and again. Dark shade, bright dash then dappled lighting and off/on as the sun hit the sensor. Magic riding, brilliant roads (empty) and magic dash lighting. Ooooh so much fun on the A396 alongside the winding river Exe.

#3 ·
I have heard of some people who put a dot of black tape over the sensor to fool it!

Reactions: davebullock
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.