BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Clearwater Mirror Mounts

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  N00bie RT Gawd 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking for those who have a '14-'18 wethead RT who installed their Clearwater lights with the mirror mount. The body panels are no longer fitting and I snapped a tab on the left one. Dammit!

Another Update: I am asking if there is any trick or other detail I need to know to get the panels to fit correctly.

#2 ·
I don't have them on my bike but the BMW Manager at my dealer installed them as soon as they were available. He loves them. Also, a riding buddy has them on his K1600GT and is also very happy with them.

#3 ·
I should have added, and will add to my original post after I reply, that I ask because neither of my body panels are fitting now. And I snapped a tab on the left side.

#5 ·
I can’t help with the lights...

But once you’ve sorted that I recommend replacing the broken tab with one moulded from Sugru. It’s wonderful stuff and I did this with my 2014 model after I broke a tab. Two years later it’s still working great. Sugru is like a flexible rubber material once it sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
WOW ... would never have thought to use Sugru for that repair! I just recently used it to repair an Apple Lightening Cable but never considered it for this type repair. Have never broken a tab but will keep it in mind.

Thanks !!

#11 ·
Honestly all the threads about broken tabs and realizing that for the most part the only usual time the body work needs to come off is to replace air filter .... I let the dealer do the air filter. I had not problem taking body panels off my '06 RT which was built like a tank but with the RTW I just let the dealer do the air filter. While they have never broken a tab if they did its on them.

#16 ·
Yes ... and the OP indicated he contacted Clearwater and the issue has been resolved. Clearwater had seen this with 3 other RT's. The OP modified the body panels and all is resolved.

Reactions: N00bie RT Gawd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.