Horribly-aligned Panel, Part II
I talked about how the lower-right panel on the wethead RT has issues and a possible solution to it in another thread and this is an update to that...
So the method I used originally didn't work- the velcro on the knee panel came off of the lower panel, thereby rendering the whole thing useless.
I was in the garage, charging the battery and reacquainting myself with the MotoScan app, and I decided to revisit this problem. The bushing in the knee panel was already out, so I aligned the nipple to the hole and secured the lower screw. Wow- the hole in the panel and the threads in the bike frame for that top-rear screw are nowhere near being aligned! I've had others talk about using grease to hold the nipple in the bushing, but as you can see from the picture, no amount of grease will help.
So this time I applied velcro to the frame near the threads and to the backside of the panel near the hole to secure that section. I put the bushing back into place and pushed the nipple through it. Finally, I secured the bottom of the panel with the screw. Let's see if this works.
But seeing how far all of this is out of alignment makes me think about pitching a fit with BMW directly. I mean, the alignment is NOWHERE NEAR where it should be.
BTW, look at the new RTs and how BMW is now using a screw in that spot instead of the nipple/bushing. Not sure why they didn't do this the first time.
Those who say that it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.
Democrats are to America what mold is to bread.