Re: FRU to Hours
A FRU is a measure of estimated flat rate labor time used most commonly in Germany. Shop manuals for dealers estimate the complexity of a job in FRU so a dealer can figure out the time to allot to a mechanic and the estimated charges, etc.
As the OP mentions, older estimates (more than 10 years old) on this and other message boards seem to indicate a consensus that 1 FRU = 1/8 of an hour or about 7-8 minutes of labor. I think OP is asking if more complex systems, changes to design, modern electronics have changed that equivalent. For that, I have no answer or idea.
2019 R1250RT Mars Red
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Denali CANSmart
- D4 driving lights
- B6 brake light
- SoundBomb Compact horn
- Sargent World Sport Performance Seat (driver)
- Suburban Machinery Foot Peg Lowering Kit
- Ilium Works Adjustable Brake Lever
- Ilium Works Side Stand Foot Enlarger
- RAM Ball Mount, Clutch Reservoir (w/Garmin InReach mount)
- Skene P4 LEDs (as top box tail and turn lights)