Greetings from Wyoming! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 3:10 pm Thread Starter

Smile Greetings from Wyoming!

One of the few states out here that dosen't have a single BMW dealership. If I were to win a lottery, I'd think about opening one up. Seems there're a few Beemer pilots out here.

Dealerships are in neighboring states, South Dakota, Colorado, Utah that I know of.

Some good rides out here - plenty of open spaces in between. Great folks out here and as we like to say, "Wyoming is what America was". Home cooking, small towns, friendly folks all over. For some reason you ever find yourself on the side of the road - you'll not only have folks stop'n by to lend a hand, you may well find yourself enjoying a pot-luck dinner on the spot!

Cassa de Zot has 'transient billets' for folks passing through - some garage space and tools if needed. Just give a holler.

Ride with pleasure!

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 2:01 am

Ties to Wyo

Tate,
I'm a Wyoming Cowboy by way of schooling ... would love to live there, but the job has me in the neighboring state of Utah. However, mother-in-law still lives in Laramie (for now) and we travel there at least twice a year. Not sure I'll take my LT over until spring / early summer ... but you can bet I will make that trip ... maybe not the 'straight shot' via I-80, but the more scenic and 'longer' route up through Lander / Riverton (cousins there) and drop down through Casper!

Where did you by your LT? If you are out Utah way ... stop by for a cup.
LaTer ... Ride often,

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT
'05 Light Yellow Metallic LT

'05 Monochromatic Mulberry Red Triumph Rocket III

'12 Triple Black R1200GSA
post #3 of 17 Old Oct 11th, 2005, 10:38 pm Thread Starter

Hey Dave!

Love to stop by for a cuppa.

I frequent "another" online community that's at least tangenitaly associated with Suzuki's Hayabusa. I help 'em maintaine the site some. One of the members there, in Indiana, sold 'er to me. I flew out there last March - rode 'er back home.

She ain't left yet <g>

My Pa teaches at UW - Ag college, Immunology/Microbiology. I do get down there now and then - even more now :up:

Tate

post #4 of 17 Old Oct 12th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Smile

If either of you are in Laramie, let me know and we can get together at my daughters resturant, Altitude Chophouse and Brewery. The coffees on me, I get a discount.

2005 K1200LT

post #5 of 17 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 5:53 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Altitude Chophouse and Brewery!! No kidding??!! One of my fonder places in Laramie :up:

I'm gonna have to run down just so I can smuggle some brew up here!

Hehehe - we'll have to make a 'gathering' event of some kind - just so we can all get some face to face 'meat space' time. Couldn't think of a better place to do it at either. :up:

Tate

post #6 of 17 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 2:49 pm

Tate / Wayne,
Such a beautiful weekend for Wyo / Utah, not too mention Homecoming at UW, should have headed that way. I too have enjoyed the Altitude's fine dining ... we'll have to meet their soon. Busy the next couple of weeks, then the weather (roads) becomes MORE challenging so ... maybe in the spring!?!?

Good to get to know a couple of Wyoming LT riders,

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

post #7 of 17 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Cool

On the way home from church sunday morning I saw a tuscan green LT coming out of our neighborhood, thought it might be one of you guys. I checked your profiles and see where Tates is mauve and it looks like Daves is gold. I know there are 2 LT's in Cheyenne one of those is champange and I haven't seen the other one.

2005 K1200LT

post #8 of 17 Old Oct 27th, 2005, 3:55 pm Thread Starter

Saw what I think was an '05 Champaign headed West on 2nd street a few days back.

Tried to catch up - but these freak'n stop lights in this town...
If there's a pattern - it's elluding me.

Tate

post #9 of 17 Old Nov 9th, 2005, 2:34 pm Thread Starter

Hey Wyorock!

Just got some scuttle there's a Psychologist in Laramie, first name of 'Chuck' with 2 LTs and an off road bike - also drives a bimmer cage. Seems he just got a new '05 LT - red.

Apparently he's associated with IMH.

A paraphrased quote, 'So long as there's traction, I'm ride'n!'

Tate

post #10 of 17 Old Nov 9th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Zotter
Chuck has a garage full of Beemer bikes. I know he has a GS 650 Dakar, a 1200 CL and at least one more model. I haven't heard of him buying an LT but then again I haven't seen him in awhile. His office is above my daughters other resturant, "Elmer Lovejoys" on 1st. and Grand, I'll have to stop in and see what he's up to. Maybe that was the tuscan green LT I saw recently.
Wayne
post #11 of 17 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:40 am

southwest wyoming

It is great to see there are other st/lt type riders in our state. Just about all I see are cruisers. I am been just watching this site for about a month. This is my first post. I live in Green River and have an ST1100 abs and am considering the move to a LT.
Anyone going to the Bike show in Denver this weekend?
Rand
post #12 of 17 Old Dec 4th, 2005, 2:12 am

Hey Randy ... no, didn't make the Denver show.

I'm a western neighbor, but would love to be able to live in Wyo! Green River's a nice afternoon ride ... after the snow quits blowing ! Love to come over and ride western Wyo with you.

Not sure where you'd shop / buy your LT but the new owner of SLC BMW seems to be interested in the customer. If you don't already know them, let me know if you come over and I'll introduce you to the folks there.

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

post #13 of 17 Old Dec 6th, 2005, 1:34 am

Missed your post, but the LT would be very at home in Green River! We have four dealers on the front range of CO, and I don't hear a discouraging word about any of them! The one just a skip down I-80 at Ft. Collins, BMW-Ducati is doing well. Don't know how handy you are, but with some simple tools and a manual as back up, this site has all the info you need to do normal maintenance on the LT. And if you get stuck, there are a ton of experts here that will give you assistance.

If you have any questions, please pm me.

BTW, we love Green River as we stop there whenever we are passing through, either east/west or north/south. Would love to get over there with a dual sport and spend some time getting to know more than the major highways. Is the res filled yet? I have some pics from a couple years ago where there was quite a bit of white showing (low water).

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10
post #14 of 17 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorock
If either of you are in Laramie, let me know and we can get together at my daughters resturant, Altitude Chophouse and Brewery. The coffees on me, I get a discount.
I'm here!! Rode over for my wife's Grandmother's 100th birthday celebration. If the weather holds I'm heading back tomorrow, if not, I'll be here until the snow is off the roads.

Wayne, I'll see if I can find you in the phone book and give you a call after the festivies calm down ... later this evening.

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

post #15 of 17 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjessen
Missed your post, but the LT would be very at home in Green River! We have four dealers on the front range of CO, and I don't hear a discouraging word about any of them! The one just a skip down I-80 at Ft. Collins, BMW-Ducati is doing well. Don't know how handy you are, but with some simple tools and a manual as back up, this site has all the info you need to do normal maintenance on the LT. And if you get stuck, there are a ton of experts here that will give you assistance.

If you have any questions, please pm me.

BTW, we love Green River as we stop there whenever we are passing through, either east/west or north/south. Would love to get over there with a dual sport and spend some time getting to know more than the major highways. Is the res filled yet? I have some pics from a couple years ago where there was quite a bit of white showing (low water).
Pete, come on over for the Red Rock Rendevous (Beehive Beemers Club rally)in June, OR any other time. Haven't been by Flaming Gorge in a while, but we've had plenty of snow this year, so it likely will be better / more full.
V/R

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

post #16 of 17 Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by walilisseu
I'm here!! Rode over for my wife's Grandmother's 100th birthday celebration. If the weather holds I'm heading back tomorrow, if not, I'll be here until the snow is off the roads.

Wayne, I'll see if I can find you in the phone book and give you a call after the festivies calm down ... later this evening.
Dave, Email notice of your post showed up today (Tuesday) Sorry I missed you. I hope you weren't any where near that 22 vehicle pile up on I-80 on your way home.
Wayne
post #17 of 17 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 12:08 am

Wayne,
Thanks, no I wasn't ... in fact I'm crediting my LT to NOT having me out there. Likely if I'd been in my 'cage' I would have tried it on Sunday and may have been a part of it!! When I passed by it on Monday it reminded me of a scene from Bagdad, the remains of a burned out tractor-trailer rig off the side of the road 2 miles east of Arlington!
Good chance I'll be back in town in June ... not absolutely sure of the dates, but we'll be taking Grandma up to Lusk for a celebration. BTW she wants a ride on my LT ... can't deny a 100 year old lady that!

Keep the rubber down and ride on!

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in