Hello from Utah! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Oct 8th, 2005, 12:15 am Thread Starter

Hello from Utah!

I'm a new LT owner ('05 Yellow Metallic) and have been amazed in the extent of this and other BMW sites. I love just getting out and riding ... while the weather is good, and even if it turns cold the LT is a wonderful machine. Haven't 'joined-up' with any other BMW riders here yet , but look forward to getting involved in the local BMW MOA chapter.

However, I have really enjoyed reading all the enthusiasm fellow LT owners have for their machines on this site . While it will be a heck of a ride, I'm really interested in the '06 CCR ... for that matter ANY rally / reunion that Beemer (especially LT) riders can get together.

I look forward to a long and enjoyable ride / relationship with my bike ... and hope to meet many other LT owners along the way.

PS: I wrote my 'local' BMW service mgr about the brown wire, and, of course got the 'as an employee of BMW' spiel ... yet, I noticed many of the comments were from pre-'03 owners, do the '05s have the same wiring issues, i.e., I feel my bike is a bit doggy off the line ... is this the brown wire issue?

Dave Frederick
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Clinton UT
'05 Light Yellow Metallic LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 Monochromatic Mulberry Red Triumph Rocket III

'12 Triple Black R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Oct 8th, 2005, 12:18 am

Welcome to the board. You will find much information and friendship here. I am just down the road.

Nathan Coe
K1600GLT
R1200GSA
Orem Utah

post #3 of 9 Old Oct 8th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Dave,

Check your PM....Then give me a shout!

post #4 of 9 Old Oct 8th, 2005, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

Great Ride Today

Thanks Nate and Mike ... look forward to seeing you sometime. Had a wonderful ride through East Canyon this morning (before the clouds and rain), then stopped at BMW SL for some coffee. Man, I love this!

FYI, I'd been bikeless for 20 years ... youngest is a Senior in HS and my wife asked if I'd like to get a bike again ... well, at first I really wasn't sure, but begin looking and the desire to ride started to build again. While I was seriously considering an UC E-Glide (a lot of emotion in the Harley world ... GOOD, no EXCELLENT marketing), my wife (I want her to ride with me) really liked the LT, and we were treated very well by Ren and Mike at the shop. Anyway, I've had some pangs of remorse as a Harley rumbles by ... but the more I ride, I KNOW I made the right decision.

Since you are seasoned riders of LTs, either of you been to a CCR ... sounds like a blast! I'm seriously considering traveling to GA next year ...

Til Later,

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

post #5 of 9 Old Oct 8th, 2005, 10:06 pm

I have been to the last three CCR events. They are a lot of fun. I am going to go to next year's CCR in Georgia. You will not be diappointed if you decide to attend. If you have any specific questions, drop me a line.

Nathan Coe
K1600GLT
R1200GSA
Orem Utah

post #6 of 9 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 12:23 am

Anyway, I've had some pangs of remorse as a Harley rumbles by ... but the more I ride, I KNOW I made the right decision.

The pangs of remorse will disappear as you glide by the Harley's enjoying the heated seats and grips, listening to your favorite cd while you are adjusting your windscreen.

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #7 of 9 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 11:18 am

Smile

You will have many miles of pleasure on the LT Dave....

On the doggy thing, I felt the same way when I was 2 up with my wife. having to work the clutch a little too much from a stop. In the Tetons at CCR this year I had the Cam Gears from "Reinwest" (spelling?) installed there and it was a smart move. The cam timing change gave the bkie more torque. Even in the higher altitudes I noticed a difference. After dropping altitude the bike really came alive. I would recommend you consider the cam gears. You will not need to change the exhaust, keeping the bike quiet.

I too am planning on the trip to GA next year. Aside from people you will meet there and new friends you will make, the events and activities outside the area should be GREAT fun. I will probably stay the extra day or 2 to take inthe Superbike race. Should be terrific to watch.

By the way, nice choice on color

-
05' K1200 LT - BMW MOA Member
05 CCR Survivor
- Team-N-Training
post #8 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 10:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by walilisseu
I'm a new LT owner ('05 Yellow Metallic) and have been amazed in the extent of this and other BMW sites. I love just getting out and riding ... while the weather is good, and even if it turns cold the LT is a wonderful machine. Haven't 'joined-up' with any other BMW riders here yet , but look forward to getting involved in the local BMW MOA chapter.

However, I have really enjoyed reading all the enthusiasm fellow LT owners have for their machines on this site . While it will be a heck of a ride, I'm really interested in the '06 CCR ... for that matter ANY rally / reunion that Beemer (especially LT) riders can get together.

I look forward to a long and enjoyable ride / relationship with my bike ... and hope to meet many other LT owners along the way.

PS: I wrote my 'local' BMW service mgr about the brown wire, and, of course got the 'as an employee of BMW' spiel ... yet, I noticed many of the comments were from pre-'03 owners, do the '05s have the same wiring issues, i.e., I feel my bike is a bit doggy off the line ... is this the brown wire issue?
Congrats on the new ride and its nice to see you on this site! You should know that almost 70% of the CCR attendees show up 2-up...it speaks volumes about the bike and the type of folks who attend. More than many of us made a final bike decision based on the "throne" behind the rider!!

We LT riders are somewhat disorganized here in the mountain states...there are many LT's, but we have not had any regional meetings I can remember. Here on the front range, we have the www.coloradobeemers.com which has the participation of many LT owners. We have two events you might want to participate in...the Top of the Rockies Rally at Paonia, CO in mid July, and the 100k ride in early August. See the web site for details as the events approach.

We'll see if we can't get a RTE combined with a wrenching session here in the Denver area in the spring.

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10
post #9 of 9 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Pete ... I look forward getting to know more LT riders in the area. Of course, ralleys and events as you described make it all the more interesting. I'll look forward to more info on the front range events!!

Dave Frederick

Clinton UT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in