Hey, Mile High Wreyford .... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 27th, 2011, 8:16 am Thread Starter

Hey, Mile High Wreyford ....

..... gonna warm up the Rockies with .... uh .... how many candles??

We gotz some heat down here in the Hill Country, and you're welcome to a bunch of it. Course, it doesn't come with candles, nor cake, nor fudgy icing!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Don. Hope you get a good ride in on the airhead.

BTW - I've gotta friend who recently moved to the Marshall area and is having major warranty work done on his GT at the Shreveport dealership; sez he's got pretty good vibes about the guys working there. I know you never dissed 'em when you were living there, so I had no worries in giving him a thumbs-up on where to get his work done.

Take care, Don. Best always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 28th, 2011, 9:58 am

Garage
Thumbs up Re: Hey, Mile High Wreyford ....

Hey Dick,

Great to hear from you!!

Yep, big 70 yesterday - that means I've been riding two wheel machines for 61 years!! Now that is a scary thought!!

About the Shreveport dealership, their mechanic, Ron something I think, was top notch. He was young, sharp, and very through. If he is still there your friend is in good hands.

Hey when are you going to be out this way?? I need to show you some of the roads the tourist don't know about ;-).

dw

Don Wreyford
BMWMOA, 91738
RA 27032
ABC 7915
00 LT, 84 RS, 98 GS, 76R75/6
"An Elephant is eaten one bite at a time"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:50 am Thread Starter

Re: Hey, Mile High Wreyford ....

I'm working on getting to CO, Don. Just can't make it happen. Cheryl spends all our hard earned..... uh..... er..... TIME, yeah that's it, TIME - shagging trips to Europe with some of her college gal pals. We've got a family cabin in Pinecliff that we need to see if it's still habitable, so one of these days!! I'll for sure ping you if/when I head that way, Don. Best always.

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2011, 9:16 am

Garage
Question Question?

Dick,

Need me to check on that cabin for you ;-)???

Hey, my daughter and her friend who rides a S1000RR and a Ducati Multistrada moved to Frisco, TX recently. When he was here over my birthday he mentioned that he doesn't know any BMW riders of the caliber he rode with in the Tampa area. He is a young guy (of course) but likes to ride with the more seasoned guys who enjoy "riding" and not "hot dogging". Do you know anyone who might live in that area who could help them get introduced to some of the "older" riders in the area??

thanks,

don w

Don Wreyford
BMWMOA, 91738
RA 27032
ABC 7915
00 LT, 84 RS, 98 GS, 76R75/6
"An Elephant is eaten one bite at a time"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2011, 4:19 pm Thread Starter

Re: Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar41
Dick,

Need me to check on that cabin for you ;-)???

Hey, my daughter and her friend who rides a S1000RR and a Ducati Multistrada moved to Frisco, TX recently. When he was here over my birthday he mentioned that he doesn't know any BMW riders of the caliber he rode with in the Tampa area. He is a young guy (of course) but likes to ride with the more seasoned guys who enjoy "riding" and not "hot dogging". Do you know anyone who might live in that area who could help them get introduced to some of the "older" riders in the area??

thanks,

don w
Howdy, Don - good to hear from ya. Man, I wouldn't even know how to tell ya where the cabin is. No number; no street; secret entry. Butt I do appreciate your offer. Guess I'll just have to take a ride and check on it myself!!!

I checked on some Frisco, Tejas riders and there are only two that jump on the forums pretty regular. There are 8 folks who list Frisco in their bio, but 6 of 'em no longer post or visit (at least with a sign in --- they may lurk as a guest tho). Two who are active are John Westcott (Assistant AG - westcott360) and Paul Wood (woodubme). You should ping those two fellers and see if they may be able to assist your daughter's boyfriend with some camaradarie. Good luck to him, Don.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in