Greetings from Red River - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old May 17th, 2008, 11:04 am Thread Starter
Just ridin'

Greetings from Red River

We are heading out today for another great day of riding northern new Mexico and southern Colorado. We arrived to a little cold and snow Thursday, but it was cool and sunny yesterday and will be warmer and sunny today. Here we are just before our customary hamburger dinner last night.

Click on image for a larger version.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old May 19th, 2008, 9:51 am
Bouncer

Re: Greetings from Red River

Thanks to Rango for hosting this great event for the 5th year (or 6th since nobody could remember that far back).

Thanks to Cheryl (Rango's wife) for bringing all the Friday night vittles, and thanks to Jim "Boer Goat" Sutton for cooking.

Thanks to Diane and Ken for bringing the brisket and fixins once again.

Thanks to Deb Sauer for creating the wonderful t-shirts for the event.

Thanks to Jimbo for leading that very "spirited" ride on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. It was great seeing everyone again!!!

The trip was exactly what I needed to get away from the daily grind. Sorry I didn't make the late night bull sessions, but I really needed to get the rest. I guess the stress from Thursday's ride in the rain for 6 hours took it's toll on Ruth and me.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #3 of 17 Old May 20th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Dang, that's a good looking bunch of people...

Thanks to all who were there, and to all who bought tee shirts. We had such a great time, as usual, and can't wait to see everyone again soon.

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #4 of 17 Old May 20th, 2008, 11:26 pm

It looks like Jeff summed it up pretty well. To that I add that I had a fantastic time! The food,People,and riding were the best. Thanks again to all that made it happen.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #5 of 17 Old May 21st, 2008, 7:47 pm

Since I've been persona non grating for the last 3 CCRs and also from several other get togethers, I'm having a leetle bit of trouble putting names with faces, Randy. I see your mug, and a few others that I do know; butt more that I don't know. Anybody wanna try to do a left to right name list, or sumpthin' similar, to help those of us who weren't there??!!
post #6 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 9:30 am

Give me some time and I'll put the names with the faces. Got to do the work thing for a while. Dick, you're gonna have to make it up to Red River one of these days and bring that Central Texas contingent with you. It is just too good of a time to be missed.
By the way- We have donations for the hamburger supper and the brisket suppers that we put on each year. After we cover expenses we donate the rest to the site. Due to the generosity of the attendees I think we donated over $100 this year. Thanks to everyone who contributed!!!

Rango Springer
Dumas, TX
2000 K1200LTC Champagne
Livin' life in the fast lane on the high plains of West Texas!
post #7 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:00 am

I'm not too computer literate, trying to attach picture to make it easier to put faces with names, but don't know if it works!

Front row- Kneeling- John Fisher, Shorty McClellan, Scott Palser, Guy Woods, Liz Majors, Brian Ley, Jimmy McClellan.

Second Row- Dennis O’Neil, Christa Pitt, Rango Springer, Don Johnson, skipping over to red-headed girl with red sweatshirt, Neila Williams, Dianne Goode, Sheryl Wilson, Bobbie Scott.

Third and fourth row from left to right- Doug Holck, Dan Kienle, Kim Huffman, Ruth West, Barbara Kiesper, Brad Kiesper, James McClellan, Warren Johnson, Jimbo Wilson, Ken Goode, Mark Boukadakis, Bill Ferris, Randy Prade, David Scott.

Back Row- John Flowers, Dean Sauer, Deb Sauer, Jeff Eagan.

Not pictured- Sheryl Springer, Robin Sutton, Jim Sutton, Kent Crews, Just Joe.

My apologies if I have a name wrong or omitted anyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Red River 2008.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	17984  

Rango Springer
Dumas, TX
2000 K1200LTC Champagne
post #8 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrango
Give me some time and I'll put the names with the faces. Got to do the work thing for a while. Dick, you're gonna have to make it up to Red River one of these days and bring that Central Texas contingent with you. It is just too good of a time to be missed.
By the way- We have donations for the hamburger supper and the brisket suppers that we put on each year. After we cover expenses we donate the rest to the site. Due to the generosity of the attendees I think we donated over $100 this year. Thanks to everyone who contributed!!!
Good deal, Rango. I keep promisin' you I'll make it, and I do intend to keep that promise. Just gotta line the planets up correctly!!

I'll be looking for the list of names. No hurry - stick with the work thang, so you can do Red River again and again.

Major kudos on the donation to the forums. I should have at least participated in that - I collected some banana split monies from Monte!! Course, I ate the whole thang and spent all the money!!!

Take care, Bud. Always good to hear from you, and to catch you on the forums (when you're NOT doing the work thang!).
post #9 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrango
I'm not too computer literate, trying to attach picture to make it easier to put faces with names, but don't know if it works!

Front row- Kneeling- John Fisher, Shorty McClellan, Scott Palser, Guy Woods, Liz Majors, Brian Ley, Jimmy McClellan.

Second Row- Dennis O’Neil, Christa Pitt, Rango Springer, Don Johnson, skipping over to red-headed girl with red sweatshirt, Neila Williams, Dianne Goode, Sheryl Wilson, Bobbie Scott.

Third and fourth row from left to right- Doug Holck, Dan Kienle, Kim Huffman, Ruth West, Barbara Kiesper, Brad Kiesper, James McClellan, Warren Johnson, Jimbo Wilson, Ken Goode, Mark Boukadakis, Bill Ferris, Randy Prade, David Scott.

Back Row- John Flowers, Dean Sauer, Deb Sauer, Jeff Eagan.

Not pictured- Sheryl Springer, Robin Sutton, Jim Sutton, Kent Crews, Just Joe.

My apologies if I have a name wrong or omitted anyone!
Picture attachment worked great, Rango. And I really appreciate the name list. Helps a lot with personas - seeing faces I've never seen before; but attaching names will keep alive that 'community adage' --- "... it's the people that keep us together".

Thanks.
post #10 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:33 am
Bouncer

Dick who? I remember this guy named Dick that used to ride with us and go to all these wonderful events, but I thought that guy was kidnapped by Hamas or the Columbian cartel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Picture attachment worked great, Rango. And I really appreciate the name list. Helps a lot with personas - seeing faces I've never seen before; but attaching names will keep alive that 'community adage' --- "... it's the people that keep us together".

Thanks.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #11 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:35 am
Bouncer

Does anyone know if Mark Boukadakis made it home okay? I heard he was in Clayton awaiting a tow truck after an EWS ring failure.

-
post #12 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:07 pm

Mark made it home safely. Finally got the bike to start as the tow truck drove up.

Rango Springer
Dumas, TX
2000 K1200LTC Champagne
post #13 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the name list Rango - see ya' there next year, guaranteed!!!

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #14 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 1:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Dick who? I remember this guy named Dick that used to ride with us and go to all these wonderful events, but I thought that guy was kidnapped by Hamas or the Columbian cartel.
Damn, 41 comedians outta work and El Jeffe does a try out!!!!

Matter of fact, I sorta liked that Columbian cartel gig. Them boyz, and gals, gotta nice set of digs; lotsa onsite guardians; and life in the fast lane. Howsomever, they don't got any BMW mechanics!!

Soooo - not real pleased with always lookin' down the bidness end of an Uzi, ole Toad is safely holed up down at Hank's place!! Rear drive chunk of metal brings on bearing failure number dos. Tapered bearing on the other side looked a leetle tired and wore out, so it, along with the swingarm pivot bearings are all new and ready to roll!! Sooo - tamale, I think I'll treat ole Toad to a Caramel Machiatto for the first time in over 9 months!!!

And sorry for the mini-hijack. Just wanted you to know we're still in the 'hood and fixin' to spend sometime AWAY from this keyboard! Munson - you're it, for a bit!!!
post #15 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 3:11 pm
Bouncer

So, Dick.... you making it to CCR or not?

-
post #16 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 3:49 pm

Quote:
So, Dick.... you making it to CCR or not?
Man, you are one cruel dood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, again - not this year. Cheryl's year to go to Europe - my year to pet sit the paw print gang.

Butt, next year, I've already got my room reservation in Toad Suck, AR!! Are we there yet???
post #17 of 17 Old May 22nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Quote:
Does anyone know if Mark Boukadakis made it home OK? I heard he was in Clayton awaiting a tow truck after an EWS ring failure.
I wouldn't be a great adventure for me unless a little drama unfolds. Once it started, I never turned the bike off. Thank God for the Plastic key for opening the gas tank. I was one tired ass when I finally got home and walked like Rango for a day. Nothing like a little Vertigo to make them shrink like jingle bells whilst trying to keep up with the crew in the Co. MTS. 2nd time for me with an EWS failure.

But I truly enjoyed the food rides and seeing all the friends I've met over the years.

See all you Guy's and Gals next year.

Bouak

Jenks, OK
07 GT
99 LT
05 GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in