Red River Roundup 2008 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 16th, 2008, 12:39 am Thread Starter
Just ridin'

Red River Roundup 2008

It's time to start making plans and reservations for the Red River Roundup. The dates this year will be Thursday May 15th thru Sunday May 18th. Many of you know, but this is not a rally. There are no registration fees. There are a lot of great roads, great food and the opportunity to gather with old friends and meet new friends. This could be the best 4-day Ride to Eat opportunity that you will ever experience. Friday night we'll be grilling onion burgers. Saturday night will feature Ken Goode's barbeque brisket with all the fixins.
The host hotel for the event will be the same as last year,The Riverside, located within walking distance of most everything in Red River. They have agreed to give us a 15% discount off of their summer rates, whether you spend just one night or longer. Most all of the rooms feature a living room and kitchen equipped with stoves, refrigerators, etc. The parking lot is paved and level, with parking just outside your room. Many rooms have a porch and chairs as well. They accept all major credit cards.
The website for the Riverside is at www.redriver-nm.com. Their toll-free number for reservations is 1-800-432-9999. Tell them you want to make reservations for the Red River Roundup. For those of you unfamiliar with Red River, it's a small town located in northwestern NM in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, the southernmost range of the Rocky mountains.
Red River is located on the Enchanted Circle, which traverses Carson National Forest and runs through Eagle Nest, and Taos, NM. The scenery is incredible. The roads are paved and in good shape, with many good twisties, especially on the south side of the Enchanted Circle. There are many other good roads in the area that make for enjoyable day trips. People have ridden to Wolf Creek Pass and other Southern Colorado locations during this RTE.
Taos, located about 30 miles from Red River, offers a variety of both excellent dining and shopping experiences. Other attractions in the area include several wineries and the Rio Grande Gorge.
If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected] or send me a pm.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 2:11 pm
Bouncer

Re: Red River Roundup 2008

Woohoo!

Count me in!

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 8:53 pm

We'll be there - I gotta show off my new ride..... goin' green this year! HA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wickerbike.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	16715  

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Hmmmm - can you say 'Terminex'?!?!

J/K - that's pretty neat, Deb. I'd hate to think how many hours it took to turn that out!!

I don't s'pose it has heated seats and grips?!
post #5 of 9 Old Feb 21st, 2008, 10:25 am
Bouncer

Martin's Breakfast Burrito at Michael's Kitchen in Taos!
Blue Corn Red Chile Enchiladas at Rancho De Chimayo!
Green Chile Cheeseburgers at Los Ojos in Jemez Springs!

Springtime is in the air!

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:45 pm

After those meals, there'll be more than Springtime in the air!

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #7 of 9 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 2:45 pm

I've been thinking about a Red River tee shirt - I will order and deliver to Red River. I don't want to be stuck with a gazillion shirts in odd sizes, so I'll only print as many as I have requests for. Cost per white tee shirt will be $16, or $20 for long sleeved. If you want one, email me at [email protected] with what size you want, short or long sleeves and how many of each. I'll accept paypal or you can send me a check, either way. Sound good?

Here's the design, it will be small on the front (left chest) and large on the back:
Attached Images
File Type: psd RRRR.psd (1.52 MB, 56 views)

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

Last edited by dsauer608; Mar 14th, 2008 at 2:56 pm. Reason: more info
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 9:36 am

If you can't open the psd file, here's another format:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RRRR.pdf (159.4 KB, 77 views)

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #9 of 9 Old May 10th, 2008, 12:36 am

I enjoyed it last year, but no joy this year. Hope you all have a good time.

Dan-A
-----> BMW MOA # 137114
HDDC

2013 R1200GS LC
2009 HD XR1200 Sportster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in