12k tech session? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Apr 9th, 2007, 1:08 pm Thread Starter

12k tech session?

I am real close to the 12k mile mark, and I was hoping to learn to do some stuff at a tech session. I live in the Denver area, but I would travel around a bit. I sure would apreciate some help doing the service. So far I have just done the 6k service myself (seemed like a glorified oil change to me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Apr 10th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Exclamation Future Casper Tech Session

Thanks for the offer of a repeat, Zotter. A 12 K would be good for me - my 06's odometer is winding up there as we speak, as Dean and Heide Cardey are over here from Merry Olde England, on the first half of our bike swap. I'll go there in in late August or September. They left on Sunday, from Grand Junction, on a desert tour, to CA and back. Moab, Zion's and Grand Canyons, City of Lost Wages, Death Valley, US1 up the coast to San Francisco and back in two weeks!
I think the next break I will see is going to be coming up after Memorial Day. If that doesn't work for anyone else, it's cool with me.
I've a set of de-installed Hiway Ottomans for others to try out while at Tech Session and would be up for helping anyone else do anything!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
You all're more'n welcome here anytime. En masse or onsies/twosies. Gimme a heads up and I can have the spare room ready.

After school is out is best here too.

Would also motivate me to finish clean'n up the garage <seg>

I've garage space for at most - 2 bikes inside. Snuggly. Weather works for us, there's plenty of driveway and front street room. No lifts here. Thankfully we've easy access to oil/fluid disposal.

Bring whatever parts you may need. There are no BMW dealers in the state. Online is my friend!

Parking for up to a dozen bikes is NOT an issue at all. Were I'm at, the kids still play in the street. VERY low traffic. And all us neighbors look out for each other. ::knock on wood:: most don't even bother locking things up.

What's needing done?
6Ks
12Ks
Any farkles?
I'm look'n to do some brake/coolant/clutch juice flushing on my gal here. Haven't dived into a slave cylinder, yet - but I've the tools for it.

What I do have (uh, make that "will have" in a short) are parts for repairing any broken trunk latch handles.

Mmm, maybe we wanna move this over to the Rocky Mnt forum too...

post #3 of 7 Old Apr 12th, 2007, 2:11 am

I'm here!

Never said I was paying attention - but look'n now, at least.

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Apr 17th, 2007, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

Hey Zotter,

I suggested the 16th of June. What do you think?
post #5 of 7 Old Apr 19th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Gotta get the final "OK" from my YL, but I'm expecting that to be a "GO". She'll be back in town tonite - have a chance to chat 'er up 'bout the idea.

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #6 of 7 Old May 24th, 2007, 9:17 am

June 16th ?

Maybe I missed it but has the 16th of June set for the 12K workshop?
I would just like to know for sure.
little_jake
post #7 of 7 Old May 24th, 2007, 2:10 pm

I need this!!

Is there a 24K service? Or is it just a 12K service? I am just at 48K miles and need to do a service. I called Colorado Springs BMW/Ducati and they quoted me 1100.00!!!

My Bday is the 18th of June...so I am SURE I can get my wife to allow me the time to do this!! haha.

If someone can provide me a list of supplies to bring and tools etc...so I can go buy them.

Bill

Colorado Springs, CO
2003 K1200LTE "Infinite"
2002 HD FXDL "Kristi"
2002 K1200RS "Monique"
1996 R1100RT "Kami"
1988 K75s no name

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in