Casper Tech Session - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jul 24th, 2006, 10:55 am Thread Starter

Casper Tech Session

July 29-30

I think I've got one firm and 2 tenatives showing up. I'll have some brats 'n burgers on the grill. Few cold ones 'bout - tools and at this rate, plenty of space.

Seems some folks can make two days, one day or the other. Whatever works best for ya. Gonna be more casual I think.

There's over-night'n space here too. Just lemme know if ya need some zonk space for the night, so we can have all ready.

Still look'n to hear what folks may want to accomplish. Want to make sure I've got as much as possible pre-posistioned and all ready! I th ink we can easily handle the 12K type stuff (look'n for someone who's actually done the brake/clutch fluid change - I think I got that under control, but haven't actually done it yet), most farkle installs and, well what comes up. We'll make it work.

Bring your experience! Bring your parts! Lemme know what fluids aughta be on hand for ya and we'll 'Have a time (tm)'

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jul 24th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Hey, Tate -

Boy, itz great to see these individual tech sessions popping up around the country. They're getting good press, and I'm sure there are prolly others that are happening without fanfare or broadcast. A tangent benefit might just be that travelers will have more options in asking for help on the road in more areas, when they know there are several local or regional members with some tech experience or farkledom know-how. A vehicle-off-road and in need isn't as frightful of a situation as once wuz - when one knowz help is just a forum away!!

BTW - and another hi-jack!! Long standing member Hawg once suggested that it would be great for the .net group to have an *anonymous* type listing in each regional forum. It wuz briefly discussed, butt due to privacy issues and list up-date monitoring, it wuz shelved somewhat temporarily. I can see the benefit of having a phone number unattached to a specific name, a short description of what is available at that number owner's place, and geographically where that anonymous member is located within a forums territory. It would just almost be a full-time moderating activity, once it got rolling and popular.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. Be sure and line up a photog for pix entries in the gallery and archival history. And have way much fun, Tate. Good on ya - hope itz a successful session and the start of many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
July 29-30

I think I've got one firm and 2 tenatives showing up. I'll have some brats 'n burgers on the grill. Few cold ones 'bout - tools and at this rate, plenty of space.

Seems some folks can make two days, one day or the other. Whatever works best for ya. Gonna be more casual I think.

There's over-night'n space here too. Just lemme know if ya need some zonk space for the night, so we can have all ready.

Still look'n to hear what folks may want to accomplish. Want to make sure I've got as much as possible pre-posistioned and all ready! I th ink we can easily handle the 12K type stuff (look'n for someone who's actually done the brake/clutch fluid change - I think I got that under control, but haven't actually done it yet), most farkle installs and, well what comes up. We'll make it work.

Bring your experience! Bring your parts! Lemme know what fluids aughta be on hand for ya and we'll 'Have a time (tm)'
post #3 of 13 Old Jul 24th, 2006, 10:03 pm

Tate,

Assuming I'm not on call I will make it up from Colorado for one day. I don't really need any work done, but would really like to see (and lend a hand) a 12k or brake/clutch fluid. The only thing I want to do should be pretty boring--I need to change the rear brake pads to something more squeek free. If I can get a set quickly, maybe that could be one of our quick items.

Tim

2005 Graphite
The only way to live is in the wind....

post #4 of 13 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 12:55 pm Thread Starter

Dick - got me a 11 y/o boy witha digi-cam, we'll have picys a plenty!

Tim - me too. I'm ordering up pads now. Gonna do front and rear for pads. Thinking REAL hard of an EBC rear disc as well.

I need to do the brake/clutch fluid change - so at the least we'll be muddling through that one. Got my jar, some tubes, some fluid and an empty milk jug. Damn - times awaste'n gotta get the book out and make sure I'm not overlook'n anything...

Tate

post #5 of 13 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Quote:
Dick - got me a 11 y/o boy witha digi-cam, we'll have picys a plenty!

Tim - me too. I'm ordering up pads now. Gonna do front and rear for pads. Thinking REAL hard of an EBC rear disc as well.

I need to do the brake/clutch fluid change - so at the least we'll be muddling through that one. Got my jar, some tubes, some fluid and an empty milk jug. Damn - times awaste'n gotta get the book out and make sure I'm not overlook'n anything...
Don't forgit the BFH, just in case sumpthin' don't wanna go back together just right!
post #6 of 13 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 2:25 pm Thread Starter

Several BFHs in easy reach

Couple BF Crescent wrenches, a 1/2" breaker bar with cheaters and one really nasty brick too

Oh, and Vice-grips, gotta have a few vice-grips lay'n 'bout - just for show ya know.

Tate

post #7 of 13 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Quote:
No luck for me... I wasn't able to get any fast enough yet. I have one more person that is supposed to call me back tomorrow if they can get them for me by Friday.

When is everyone going to be there?

Thanks
Tim

2005 Graphite
post #8 of 13 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

Well, no times mentioned yet. Whatever works best for you. I think turn out is going to be on the thinner side. Maybe 3 or 4 total??

I'll be at the house from Friday night until everyone's well on their way to where ever they're headed.

I'll put up a map on my personal web site - I'll send the URL to those that lemme know they're come'n.

As well as watch here

Tate

post #9 of 13 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 1:23 pm Thread Starter

OK - I've sent 'google map' links to the 3 'tenatives'.

Hope to see ya all tomorrow!

Tate

post #10 of 13 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 3:15 pm Thread Starter

Holy Heat Wave!

Be ready for toasty when ya get here!

forcasts
Today - Hi 105°F
Saturday - Hi 108°F
Sunday - Hi 105°F

We'll have the sprinklers run'n

Tate

post #11 of 13 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Quote:
OK - I've sent 'google map' links to the 3 'tenatives'.

Hope to see ya all tomorrow!
Tate,

I was able to locate those pads. Also got your message w/ the map-thanks.

I will plan on leaving here tomorrow morning first thing. It's a couple hundred miles.

Anyone else coming up from Colorado? I'm taking 287 up to keep it interesting.

I will shoot for being there around 9:30 or 10:00 if that works.

Tim

2005 Graphite
post #12 of 13 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 11:30 pm Thread Starter

Hey Tim,

You're the only 'conrimed' so far - but the door is still open to any and all who may wander by.

It's going to be a HOT day tomorow, you've picked a good time to ride

See ya when ya get here!

Tate

post #13 of 13 Old Jul 29th, 2006, 12:22 pm Thread Starter

Doors're open
Coffee is hot
Donuts are fresh
Beer is cooling
Brats 'n Burgers're get'n all seasoned up in the kitchen
Stereo is playing
Garage cleaned
Tools laid out
Even got the fan going to push not as hot air around. Right now it's wafting the smell of fresh cut grass in. Ah, the joys of young'ns and power mowers.

Tim got called back to work at an un-holy hour this morning. The duties of gainful employment - so he won't be able to make it.

Tate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in