Gaspé Peninsula - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By PMitchell
  • 1 Post By FiniusJWhoopee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 28th, 2019, 12:38 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Gaspé Peninsula

Starting the planning process for a trip to Quebec City then onto the Gaspé Peninsula.

Would appreciate any recommendations for sights to see, places to stay and of course restaurants for lunch and/or dinner.

Current plans call for departure from NE Ohio in late June and then north.

I know July is the tourist high season so I'll make reservations ASAP. Other plans for the summer hindered an earlier departure but August is also an option. Late August to early September is also an option. My wife's 2nd grandchild is arriving late in September (Killeen TX) so we need to be home the middle of September.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 24th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Garage
Re: Gaspé Peninsula

I just noticed this. I too am planning a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula and was hoping to find some useful information here but.alas, no one has replied. I ordered the travel brochure and it has some useful tidbits in it. I'm interested in what you have found out in your research and if you're willing to share. Thanks.
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 24th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Great hotel and attached restaurant Cargo. It’s along the St Lawrence
Riôtel Matane‎, 250 Avenue du Phare E, Matane, Quebec G4W 3N4, Canada

Then enjoy the ride along the St Lawrence

Spend a day in Forillon National Park, 1238 Boul de Forillon, Gaspé, Quebec G4X 6T9, Canada.
And you have to see Fermette, Boulevard de Grande Greve, Gaspé, Quebec G4X 6L7, Canada

Next visit Percé, QC, Canada

There is so much to see that I haven’t listed, but this gives you a great clockwise trip

post #4 of 8 Old Oct 24th, 2019, 11:28 pm

If you want to escape the majority of tourist traffic you can ride the interior roads away from the coast, as side trips.
post #5 of 8 Old Oct 25th, 2019, 11:11 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiniusJWhoopee View Post
I just noticed this. I too am planning a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula and was hoping to find some useful information here but.alas, no one has replied. I ordered the travel brochure and it has some useful tidbits in it. I'm interested in what you have found out in your research and if you're willing to share. Thanks.
Finius,
Attached is an article that I wrote for our Club's quarterly newsletter.
If you would like more info, send me a PM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fall-2019-CCN.pdf (2.73 MB, 21 views)
mtrevelino likes this.

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #6 of 8 Old Nov 11th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Garage

Thanks. Just got home from traveling a bit and finally check in on the site. Good write-up, Saint Paul. I have been to Bar Harbor and the Jordan Pond House restaurant and my mouth started watering reading about the popovers. I plan on crossing into PEI on the trip. Any restaurant or must see recommendations?

Thanks for the input T-Foiler. I'll check those out.
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 11th, 2019, 3:41 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiniusJWhoopee View Post
Thanks. Just got home from traveling a bit and finally check in on the site. Good write-up, Saint Paul. I have been to Bar Harbor and the Jordan Pond House restaurant and my mouth started watering reading about the popovers. I plan on crossing into PEI on the trip. Any restaurant or must see recommendations?

Thanks for the input T-Foiler. I'll check those out.
Regarding PEI . . .
Unless you are camping, PEI is expensive. We decided to stay in Summerside rather than the larger city of Charlottetown due to the cost of hotels. PEI is mostly agricultural and a fishing mecca. Not much else to see unless you do more research. https://www.tourismpei.com/pei-things-to-do
We rode there primarily to sample the mussels.

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

Last edited by PMitchell; Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:55 am.
post #8 of 8 Old Nov 11th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post
We rode the primarily to sample the mussels.
That's as good a reason as any to ride over the bridge!
PMitchell likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in