Caberg Justissimo helmit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old May 28th, 2006, 6:03 pm Thread Starter

Caberg Justissimo helmit

Does anyone have an opinion on the Caberg Justissimo helmet ?
http://www.caberg-helm.com/home.aspx...ibili&xP=&xPC=
Need to pick up a new one and relay like the sun shade inside the helmet.

Also looking for a good price on one also.

Thanks
Pacific Blue 02 LTC
"Never make the same mistake twice"

Last edited by rkirker; May 28th, 2006 at 6:08 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old May 28th, 2006, 6:11 pm

My friend was convinced that she was going to buy one, then tried on the Nolan N102. The Nolan won her vote...but it does NOT have the builtin visor.
post #3 of 24 Old May 28th, 2006, 6:18 pm

i have one but not with the built in visor,,,i have the convertable ,which i have converted to 3/4 ,, i love mine,,,,bought the wife one also...got a great deal on it at the dragon last june 159$ if remember i paid 189 for mine on line they fit very snug at first but loosen up to a perfect fit after a few times wearing it

post #4 of 24 Old May 28th, 2006, 6:59 pm

I am on my 2nd Caberg Justissimo, I love them.

Good Points:- Flip front with single button, dark pilots visor, removable front leaving both visors, good air vents top and chin, removable under chin wind protector for winter winds, completely removable lining for cleaning/fitting speakers etc, good price.

Bad points:- Noisy without ear plugs, visor is a pain to remove and replace, allow at least 30 mins to remove and clean fully (front of the helmet has to be dismantled), visor expensive to replace if scratched but its hardy enough, single button is more fiddly to find with a gloved hand than the older J1 helmet.

I tested one roadside first last year, it did its job well, not a scratch on me
post #5 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 9:00 am

Found this "warning" on their website.

"Avoid prolonged exposure to strong sunlight as this may effect the paint work."

If you ride at times when there is NO "strong sunlight", do you really need a built in sun visor?
post #6 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 10:38 am
Lifetime Supporter

I just bought two new Justissimos for the wife and myself. i am very satisfied with the fit and the noise level. I think the helmet is much quiter than my Shoie was. Just wish they had a white available. At $300, I thought the price was fair for the helmet and i really like the sun visor.

Jim Davidson
2007 R1200RT
post #7 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 11:19 am

wow 1 got mine for 189.
post #8 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Does anyone know who sells these in the San Francisco Bay Area? I would like to try one on before I buy.

Thanks,

Frank

2003 K1200LT
1998 FLSTC
post #9 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Make sure that you try it on before you buy it, I had always had Arai Signet (L) and HJC AC-10 (L) helmets before and the first Caberg that I bought, I chose one that was snug (L), when I went on my first long ride, about an hour out of town, I had to stop and take my helmet off, because I was in such pain. I could only tolerate it for about 45 minutes at a time. Finally after about 5 hours of this, I took the helmet apart and rode with out the face shield. I went back to the shop where I bought it and purchased different size cheek pads and linier and refitted the helmet, it is great now. The problem was that when I closed the face it squeezed on my cheeks right where a nerve exits my cheek bones.

The finish is OK, the quality is very good. It is not as noisy as the HJC, but the Arai helmets that I have are quieter. With earplugs and my headset inside it is as quite as any helmet that I have had. The flip-down sun visor is very good, but I found that I can only wear glasses with very thin frames comfortable. The problem is that I must have big ears, they get pinched between the helmet and the frame in the Caberg.

I paid $178, plus the $20 for a linier and cheek pads at MotoLiberty.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't Panic!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #10 of 24 Old May 29th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinmilpitas
Does anyone know who sells these in the San Francisco Bay Area? I would like to try one on before I buy.

Thanks,
Don't know about San Fran., but if you are in need of an excuse for a ride to Reno, NV Sierra BMW has them in stock. $299.00. After looking at other helmets I will be getting one of these to replace the Schuberth when the time comes.

www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com

Rusty Snyder

Last edited by RSnyder; May 29th, 2006 at 7:13 pm. Reason: additional information
post #11 of 24 Old May 30th, 2006, 6:39 am

I have one as does my spouse. We both like them, although mine is just a hair crowded in the the chin area
post #12 of 24 Old May 30th, 2006, 6:51 am

I have one as well. Found it to be very comfortable and love the built in sun shade. I found it very noisy but hear plugs and my new V-Stream have solved that problem. I also had to work with my speakers to get them to fit correctly and I am still not completly happy with the way they fit (Autocom). After a few hours on the bike, my hears start to hurt where the speakers rest up against them. I think I'm going to try to find a nice pair of smaller "round" speakers to replace the Autocoms which I hope will fix the problem.

Overall I like the helmet.

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #13 of 24 Old May 31st, 2006, 3:23 pm

How does it fit

Since I will have to order one of these on-line (no-one sells them locally), what type of head shape do you all have? Or, I currently have an old Nolan N100 that fits great, can someone offer a comparison?
post #14 of 24 Old May 31st, 2006, 3:25 pm

i tucked the speakers up behind the soft foam works great
post #15 of 24 Old Jun 1st, 2006, 5:11 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I just bought that helmet from someone on the forum and I am getting used to it. I love the sun visor, but it is quite close to my face. The PO had speakers installed and a mike as cut marks and sticky residue prove.
So far I like it. I just noticed that it is wider than my older 3/4 face HJC (under the ...er... Harley label) and it is a bit more difficult to look into the blind spot without really turning your head.

We also just bought a Nolan N100 for kathy, still waiting to arrive...
Both units are Silver to match the bike... (oh vanity...! )

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #16 of 24 Old Jun 1st, 2006, 11:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirker
Does anyone have an opinion on the Caberg Justissimo helmet ?
Looks interesting. I like the idea of the shade...

Not sure how the shield would work for me. I use Nolan and I usually ride with the shield up unless it's raining. Seems the design here is when you have the chin bar down you also must have the shield down because it is direct attached to the chin bar.... Even in all but the heaviest rain and when I have the shield down on my Nolan I am always one click from the bottom... Clears fog better...

Most of these helmets are noisy with the air coming off the windshield. Before I bought it I would try it on the highway at speed..

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #17 of 24 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 2:03 am

New Version of helmet

Hi,

was at a bike rally last week, and a buddy who owns a Justisimmo, just bought the lastest version.

The integral black visor is now adjusted from the top of the helmet, the inner foam has space for speakers, and is supposted to be a little quieter than the Justissimo, but your still advised to wear ear protection.

price was about the same, link to site, they call it the "rhyno" but in the UK it has a different name.

http://www.caberg-helm.com/home.aspx...M+L+XL_ad&xPC=

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #18 of 24 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 2:24 am

@ Jackd - the main visor works seperately from the chin bar, you can have the chin bar down, and the visor up or down, or open one click as you prefer. When you raise the chin bar, the main visor goes up with it. The little black visor is totally independent and stays where you want it, no matter what you do with the chin bar.
post #19 of 24 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 5:20 am

Quote:
Since I will have to order one of these on-line (no-one sells them locally), what type of head shape do you all have? Or, I currently have an old Nolan N100 that fits great, can someone offer a comparison?
I found the Caberg to fit as well as my Shoei RF800, both large. I would say I have an oval shaped head (the wife commonly says "block head" but I dont think she is actually talking about the shape )

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #20 of 24 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Same oval shape here....

a large should do the trick....thanks
post #21 of 24 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Caberg justissimo

Well got it from a local dealer here in Cleveland and it runs a tad smaller then others. I went with the large normally on others I get a medium.
Road about 100 miles today with it and like it usually with the outside shield up and the sun visor down.
Is a bit noisy but drownds out the squeaky brakes
Over all I give it an 8 out of 10.
It will be my primary helmet
Have not tried it converted to a 3/4 yet.
Will probably wait until next year here in Ohio to covert it to 3/4. As winter is starting to set in.

Digin it.

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."
post #22 of 24 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Picked mine up from Sierra. Like it----should have bought two (passenger envy)
post #23 of 24 Old Sep 10th, 2006, 1:14 am

Go to http://helmetharbor.com/streethelmet...rg/opening.htm.
I saw these here at this store about 2-3 months ago and really liked it. Did not need one now but down the road I will probably get it. They did have a good price on them I want to say $180.00. Check with them.

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler
post #24 of 24 Old Sep 10th, 2006, 2:08 pm Thread Starter

SO hates it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorawro
Picked mine up from Sierra. Like it----should have bought two (passenger envy)
The SO hates it she likes her Bell 3/4.
Had her try it on in the house last night and as soon as I latched the chin guard she started to freak.
She gets claustrophobic easily

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in