Eeeewww!...How do YOU - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

Smile Eeeewww!...How do YOU

deodorize yer riding boots?

With the warmer weather comin, me thinks it's about time to come up with a plan for my boots!

Just wondering what you guys use to keep 'em fresh smelling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 2:19 pm

An old Army trick for foot odor is : pour Isoproyl alcohol over your feet before showering. No bacteria,no foot odor.

Tony 05
post #3 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 2:23 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy

Yeah, but what do ya do for a pair of 1 year old boots?

Tried the gold bond but it makes my dress socks white and looks kinda funny when I put on my dockers and dress shoes!!!

Oh, BTW, I heard that the medicated powder is not really comfortable when ya use it in yer shorts!!! DAMHIK....

post #4 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 3:25 pm

The guys at the bowling alley seem to have some pretty strong spray for the rental shoes.

Tony 05
post #5 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 3:59 pm

Well first thing you need to do is take a bath more often than the first Saturday of the month. Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

When you finish riding at the end of the day, use powder over night to dry them out. Then next morning wipe them out before putting them on. BTW, who wears dress shoes after riding a bike to work. I wear my Sidis all day long. More comfortable than some shoes I've purchased and I work standing up in a computer room. Go figure.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #6 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 4:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
Tried the gold bond but it makes my dress socks white and looks kinda funny when I put on my dockers and dress shoes!!!
There's a prob right there. March on out to the garbage can with them docker thangs and get you some manly footwear.

Foot, boot odor, athlete's foot, etc. all boils down to bacteria. Kill the bacteria on your feets, you kill the odor.

Whilst in my early thirties, I and a young lady were caught skinny dipping in a stock tank outside Fredericksburg. They impounded my bike, put me in jail and let her go after letting her stand around awhile nekkid. I think she enjoyed it, but I wasn't known for running with gal's that had high morals back then.

The judge ordered me to pay a fine of 500 bones or spend a week in jail. Outraged, I chose jail. I had a chance of being on a work detail or lay around the cell. I chose the work detail. They wouldn't give me my boots as they were steel toed and deemed dangerous (neither did they let us shave). The deputy was kind enough to take some of my money and buy me a pair of tennis shoes.... no socks. We cleared an old cemetary of of brush, trees and over growth with.... are you waiting for this?..... axes, pick axes and sickles. Without supervision.

To get to the point, can you imagine what them tennis shoes smelled like? Make you yack to be in the same state with them. It took me a week to get my feet odor free again.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #7 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 5:07 pm

Makes me think of an old Zappa song:

My python boots are too tight
I couldn’t get them off last night
A weeks gone by
Now it’s July
I finally got them off and my girlfriend cried
You Got Stink Foot

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

post #8 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 5:12 pm

Well, if the bacteria are the real problem, and the powder is leaving residue, I would recommend trying Purell. You know that waterless hand wash stuff. Just rub it on your feet like lotion before putting on the boots.

Of course, you will have to kill the existing bacteria first. The Lysol trick sounds like the easiest first step.
post #9 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 5:28 pm

I've never tried it...

...but I've heard that if you freeze shoes/boots, it kills the bacteria that causes the odor. So throw those puppies in some pastic bags, then in the freezer for a few days. Oh...and good luck.
post #10 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 5:35 pm

Good old arm and hammer baking soda. Put a couple teaspoons in each boot overnight then shake out in the morning.

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #11 of 19 Old May 2nd, 2006, 7:07 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
There's a prob right there. March on out to the garbage can with them docker thangs and get you some manly footwear.

Foot, boot odor, athlete's foot, etc. all boils down to bacteria. Kill the bacteria on your feets, you kill the odor.

Whilst in my early thirties, I and a young lady were caught skinny dipping in a stock tank outside Fredericksburg. They impounded my bike, put me in jail and let her go after letting her stand around awhile nekkid. I think she enjoyed it, but I wasn't known for running with gal's that had high morals back then.

The judge ordered me to pay a fine of 500 bones or spend a week in jail. Outraged, I chose jail. I had a chance of being on a work detail or lay around the cell. I chose the work detail. They wouldn't give me my boots as they were steel toed and deemed dangerous (neither did they let us shave). The deputy was kind enough to take some of my money and buy me a pair of tennis shoes.... no socks. We cleared an old cemetary of of brush, trees and over growth with.... are you waiting for this?..... axes, pick axes and sickles. Without supervision.

To get to the point, can you imagine what them tennis shoes smelled like? Make you yack to be in the same state with them. It took me a week to get my feet odor free again.

Oh, man! THAT was the best tale I have heard all day!!! Thanks for that one, Grif...
post #12 of 19 Old May 3rd, 2006, 8:29 am

Once you shoes and boots get kinda stinkie, a clean foot will not help. Spray http://www.cleancontrol.com/OdoBanRetail/Products.html this stuff in your shoes two or three times a week when you take'em off and all will be better in the morning. It works good in the "little Boys room" as well.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #13 of 19 Old May 3rd, 2006, 8:34 am

Their site says that Wally World (WalMart) carries it. Thanks Bones!
post #14 of 19 Old May 3rd, 2006, 9:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
deodorize yer riding boots?

With the warmer weather comin, me thinks it's about time to come up with a plan for my boots!

Just wondering what you guys use to keep 'em fresh smelling...
Go to the Imtek Environment Corp website: http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/sg-shoe and I am sure you will find what you need. They have both a retail consumer and commercial catalog that you can look through. Unlike a power you can easyly remove the product from your boots, it eliminates mold and fungus ( the primary source ), it actually works and at 2.5 lbs for 12 dollars very cost effective. They also sell pre-made pouches if you want. Put a little in a sock (hopefully clean) and store it in your helmet when not being used and it keeps it fresh as well.

May we never find the end of the road!

oknplm

Perry Ridgway
post #15 of 19 Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
Once you shoes and boots get kinda stinkie, a clean foot will not help. Spray http://www.cleancontrol.com/OdoBanRetail/Products.html this stuff in your shoes two or three times a week when you take'em off and all will be better in the morning. It works good in the "little Boys room" as well.
Have you looked at the MSDS sheet for this product. The first aid section talks about skin contact. Personnally I would not be putting this product in your boots where you will be having prolonged periods of product contact. Obvious health concerns from my viewpoint.

May we never find the end of the road!

oknplm

Perry Ridgway
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10004OdoBanRTU3_17_06.pdf (50.8 KB, 362 views)
post #16 of 19 Old May 9th, 2006, 10:54 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Lysol makes a "laundry" product. I mix it up in a spray bottle and wet down, not "drench" my helmet liner and boots regularly.

No problem...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #17 of 19 Old May 10th, 2006, 7:13 am

Irish spring

I put a bar of Irish spring soap in each boot and leave them there until needed. (The boots not the shower )
Then toss them on the shelve when using the boots. Not sure why it works just does, learned from a buddy that uses Ivory bar soap.
Rock

Last edited by UncleRock; May 10th, 2006 at 7:14 am. Reason: wrong word
post #18 of 19 Old May 10th, 2006, 9:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknplm
Have you looked at the MSDS sheet for this product. The first aid section talks about skin contact. Personnally I would not be putting this product in your boots where you will be having prolonged periods of product contact. Obvious health concerns from my viewpoint. oknplm
Yes, I have looked at the MSDS sheet and it has the same warning as windex or any other househole cleaner. I spray my shoes at night (lightly) and let them dry by the next morning.
We buy it at Sams in a gallon concentrate and it has a ready to use bottle attached. As the little bottle empties, just pour more Odo Ban in the bottle and add water to dilute.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #19 of 19 Old May 15th, 2006, 8:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

This REALLY works

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
I put a bar of Irish spring soap in each boot and leave them there until needed. (The boots not the shower )
Then toss them on the shelve when using the boots. Not sure why it works just does, learned from a buddy that uses Ivory bar soap.
Rock
This is something we do with wetsuit boots at the end of a dive trip. Just a piece of soap inside the boot as long as possible. Gets rid of the stink.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in