Schuberth C2 helmets / speakers-microphone - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 1:23 pm Thread Starter

Schuberth C2 helmets / speakers-microphone

I recently purchased two new Schuberth C2 (flip-up) helmets for myself and my wife. We have the last-generation com system (made by J&M) installed in the LT, and the J&M speakers/microphones in our old helmets (which were purchased through BMW).

I called J&M for advice and what to order for the microphone - was under the impression that I needed to buy a boom microphone since we have the flip-up style helmets. The person I talked to was very negative - almost rude - he said that they would not help me, and discouraged me from even trying to install speakers/microphone in these helmets.

Has anyone installed these same speakers in the new C2 helmet and, if so, what is your advice regarding installation and the microphone?

And, yes, I have checked FAQ and done a search on this. Can't seem to dredge up much other than the .pdf for installing an Autocom system. I have no idea if the speakers in that picture are as thick as the J&M's, and if they would hit the ear without cutting into the foam.

Last edited by kamike; Apr 28th, 2006 at 1:29 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 1:46 pm
Bouncer

Try this thread

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 5:27 pm
jsr

C2 and intercom

The caution I will give is many will advise that the autocomm and J&M should be the same, but due to unavailability of the com on my 05 at first had to have the autocomm and the speakers are substantially thinner than the J&M which I now have to mate with the BMW com system.

I believe the boom mike is correct, but I am more concerned how you would get the speakers in with how snug the C2 fits. I have not replaced my HJC's helmets yet with the C2 and will wait till I can have the job done correctly by someone who knows what there doing.

Jeff

Jeff
Fargo, ND
2005 K1200LT 341,000+

post #4 of 9 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the link! Don't know how or why I missed it the first time.
post #5 of 9 Old Apr 29th, 2006, 3:08 pm

It swings both ways. I remember calling and talking with the people that handle Schuberth helmets and got a rude "know it all" person that said no way could I put J&M headsets and microphone in their helmet. Sometime a couple of years ago there must have been a pissing contest between the Schubert importer and J&M and it's still going on. Must have been a good one to have lasted this long.......

Bill McAllister
St. Louis, MO.
2003 K1200LTE
post #6 of 9 Old Apr 30th, 2006, 9:20 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I did manage to fit the Baehr headsets into the C2 helmets with the standard mics (not boom). It took a lot of figuring out and some trimming of plastic in unobtrusive places to get the mic cable to work well when opening and closing the chin bar. I did have to hollow out the foam for the speakers, but I've had to do that for all headset speakers. It took me all day to do the first helmet, and several hours to do the second. I've installed several headsets into flip helmets before, so at least I knew what I was getting into.

I'm quite happy with the final result, as I hated using the boom mikes. They never stayed in the right place, and were always getting caught in the chin bar when flipping open or closed.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 9 Old May 1st, 2006, 10:23 am Thread Starter

Ken,
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear someone else has done what I've decided to do.

BMW does sell a set of extension wires for the mic to give a bit more length, allowing for installation of the mic in the flip-up chin portion of the helmet. I've ordered the extensions.
post #8 of 9 Old May 7th, 2006, 1:10 pm

C2

I installed the C2 and as Jeff replied, the fit is not good. They can't be made snug enough to work properly. I would not do it again. Good luck.
Levi
post #9 of 9 Old May 7th, 2006, 10:09 pm

After reading the reviews here:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

I'm inclined to stick with my HJC Symaxes. Anyone who's used the Schuberth and the Symax got a comment? Special as to fit of 3rd party spekers, mikes and such?

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in