Nolan N102 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2006, 10:01 am Thread Starter

Nolan N102

Does anyone have any experience with this helmet? I am interested in replacing my HJC Sy-Max with this helment because the features seem interesting.. I have had the HJC for about 5 or 6 years and it seems like it is time.

Any input would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2006, 10:04 am
Senior Member (ret.)

post #3 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2006, 10:48 am

N102

Just tried mine out yesterday. It sucks. Noisy, cant used shade unless shield is most of way down. Going back to dealer for refund.

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2006, 2:50 pm Thread Starter

Guess I will replace my hjc with another hjc.. I liked it..
post #5 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2006, 2:56 pm

I use the N100E for my wife and I with the Baehr intercom. We love them. Yes, they are a little noisy as compared to full face helmets, but they are very comfortable. The N100E does not have the sun visor, which is good as I have heard they scratch the visor. You can easily fit sun glasses in the helmet, the strap "seat belt like" locking mechanism is really nice and can be used with gloves on, they are warm in the cold weather, but well vented for warmer weather. On the other hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you have found a helmet you like there is nothing wrong with sticking with it.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"
post #6 of 8 Old Apr 16th, 2006, 2:16 pm

I have a Nolan 102 and a 100E. The faceshield on the 102 is much closer to your face then on the 100E. In fact, I originally bought the 102 for my wife, but after putting it on, it gave her a closterphobic (sp) feeling. She opted to stay with the 100. Also, the external dark shield tends to cause glare on your instruments, because your eyes get used to the dark view to the front, and are dazzled when you look down through the clear part of the shield (I've removed the dark upper shield on mine, and enjoy the "view" much more). Now, if I could just find a tinted faceshield for my 102, I'd be happy.

I believe the 102 is quieter then the 100 and I find the padding much more comfortable. The 100 and 102 are both easy to install earphones and boom mike. Venting on either the 100 or 102 are only fair.

That my two cents!

Ride with Pride,

Capt John
Tracy, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 Old Apr 16th, 2006, 3:44 pm

(Off topic) My brother used to live in Walnut Creek, CA. Beautiful.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 19th, 2006, 2:33 am

Nolan

I have the N100E and tried the retrofit kit for the external sunshade. As mentioned earlier, you lose the sunglass effect when you crack open the shield...which kind of defeats the purpose of the shield in the first place. I removed it after a few days and went back to regular sunglasses. I also concur that it will scratch the clear shield or maybe it was my gloves. It was such a close fit to the clear shield, that I was smudging/touching the clear shield each time I raised the sunshade. Overall, I have been satisfied with the Nolan, but will probably try others when it needs to be replaced.

2003 K1200LT Titan Silver - The Great Escape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in