Caberg Helmets - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:40 am Thread Starter

Caberg Helmets

Does any-one on the west coast handle the Caberg helmet line. I would like to pick one up, preferably the demi-jet breeze, but want to try it on for fit.
Has any-one here had one (formerly marketed as the Jarrow I believe) and what were your feelings on it.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:46 am

I have a Jarrow and love it. The fit is good and wind noise is acceptable. The quality you get for a reasonable price is a good deal
post #3 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:56 am Thread Starter

Thanks Michael - where did you purchase it at? Any dealers in your area?

post #4 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 1:02 am

I bought mine at a motorcycle show. I can't recall ever seeing one at any of the dealers I frequent. Have you tried there web site to see if they have a dealer list?
post #5 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 1:32 am

Just looked on line http://caberghelmets.com/index.html . Sounds like they are still setting up a dealer network, the website is pretty vague.
post #6 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 3:33 am

My whole family have Caberg helmets, all Justissimo flip fronts, I think I now have 6 of them in the house. They are a good enough and reasonably priced helmet with the built in 'pilots' dark visor that pops down at the flick of a switch. Can be worn as a full face flip, or the face can be removed and worn as an open face helmet, still with the twin visors, full size clear and small 'pilots'.

Down side is the extra wind noise you get when travelling at high speed, but pretty much the same with any flip helmet. A pain to take apart to clean.

Good points are, single button opening flip, front vent, large top vent and the excellent built in sunshade, removable face. Excellent value for money and very very versatile.

I tried and tested mine in full face mode a while back, came off and landed on my chin. First off in 32 years, so will never ever go open face again. The helmet did a wonderful job of saving my face and head, or I would still be sipping my whisky through a straw.

If it helps, the Justissimo flip sells in the UK at £149, the J1 flip without the pilots visor at £99 and the Demi Jet you refer to is also known as the 'Downtown' and has the twin visor system for £80.
post #7 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 5:53 am

we have 2 jarows....love them, i got mine for 189$ the store at the dragon last year had them for 139 if i remember, picked the wife up hers if you do a jarow search youll find them
post #8 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 8:10 am

We have two of the caberg justimo(sp) flip ups and love them, we have had them about a year now.
post #9 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorawro
Does any-one on the west coast handle the Caberg helmet line. I would like to pick one up, preferably the demi-jet breeze, but want to try it on for fit.
Has any-one here had one (formerly marketed as the Jarrow I believe) and what were your feelings on it.
Thanks
Sierra BMW in Reno, NV have the Justissimo in stock. Tried it on several times and really like it. Don't know about the noise as I have not found a shop that will let you test ride helmets any more. I am currently wearing a Schubert Concept which is very noisy, when funds become available I will be purchasing the Caberg.

They have excellent customer service!

www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com

Rusty Snyder
02 K-1200LTC Silver
post #10 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorawro
Thanks
Hi Roy,

I also have the Caberg Justissimo and I like it. The flip sun visor is super. I happened get a good deal when the that time importer (2004) quit carrying the Cabergs. I was a bit worried if Cabergs representation would totally end in this country but this winter I learned that they are again under new importer.
Now we will go get one for my wife as she gets claustrofobia in her Shoei Raid full face helmet. She liked the extra "M" size Caberg I have but it seems a bit too big for her and we try how the "S" size feels like.

I can recommend Caberg..

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 3:06 pm

[QUOTE=Malki]I tried and tested mine in full face mode a while back, came off and landed on my chin. First off in 32 years, so will never ever go open face again. The helmet did a wonderful job of saving my face and head, or I would still be sipping my whisky through a straw.QUOTE]

I have avoided flip up helmets in general because I've been concerned that they aren't as strong as a full face. You’re the first person I've head of that has "tested" theirs. It's good to hear that it held up. I just might have to look into them. Is there anyone else out there that has hit the pavement, and if so, how did the helmet hold up?

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

post #12 of 13 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 7:45 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like a ride to Reno is in order . (If I,m lucky they won't have my size in stock and I will "have" to ride somewhere else)----Ain't life grand when you own a bike that you don't want to climb off of.
post #13 of 13 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:39 pm

Re: Caberg Helmets

Has anyone tested the Caberg V2R Carbon Helmet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in