Bell Revolver Evo Modular Helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 1st, 2013, 4:17 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Question Bell Revolver Evo Modular Helmet

After almost 5 years and over a 150,000 miles it's time to replace my Shoei Multitec helmet. One of my requirements for my new helmet is the availability of a heated visor. I have a Scorpion Modular helmet with the heated visor & the visor works great but the helmet sucks. It's noisy, drafty & the visor isn't smooth operating.

I'm going to try on a Bell Revolver tomorrow & was wondering if anyone here has one & what there opinion is. The nice thing about the Bell full face helmets is that almost all of there visors are interchangeable. That gives you a huge selection of visors.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:01 pm

Re: Bell Revolver Evo Modular Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
After almost 5 years and over a 150,000 miles it's time to replace my Shoei Multitec helmet. One of my requirements for my new helmet is the availability of a heated visor. I have a Scorpion Modular helmet with the heated visor & the visor works great but the helmet sucks. It's noisy, drafty & the visor isn't smooth operating.

I'm going to try on a Bell Revolver tomorrow & was wondering if anyone here has one & what there opinion is. The nice thing about the Bell full face helmets is that almost all of there visors are interchangeable. That gives you a huge selection of visors.

Thanks, Dave
Alright Dave, I'm going to need some education here. What the heck is a "heated" visor?

"Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv
2018 Vespa 300
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 6:48 am Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman
Alright Dave, I'm going to need some education here. What the heck is a "heated" visor?
A heated visor runs off of the 12 volt system & will not fog or freeze under any weather conditions. The Pinlok visor works pretty good but I have had some fogging & on a few rides with the temps. in the single digits the visor did ice up on the inside. The heated visor stays crystal clear no matter how hard you breathe.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 8:24 am

Quote:

Thanks, Dave
I have a Bell full face flip up helmet I purchased as a spare. I did not like it. No comparison to a Shoei. Not sure which model I have. The padding was not comfortable. Louder wind noise and some wind sneaked in past the visor at highway speeds even though it appeared to be making contact. Be careful and read the helmet reviews and specifications. The one I have is more towards a crouch rocket riding position. For touring you need a different viewing angle. If you get the wrong one you visibility downward is obstructed and you have to tilt your head down to look at your instrumentation. My suggestion is if you can afford it, buy another Shoei or a Schuberth. Look around for deals.

2012 R1200RT
1985 T5 Vespa
2007 Piaggio X9 500 EVO
post #5 of 8 Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 4:22 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

I tried one on today and the fit was awful. I also tried on a HJC snow helmet and I didn't like the fit at all either. It's looking like I might end up with the Shoei Neotec it fits perfect & I'll still have one helmet with a heated visor.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #6 of 8 Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 5:31 pm

Quote:
I tried one on today and the fit was awful. I also tried on a HJC snow helmet and I didn't like the fit at all either. It's looking like I might end up with the Shoei Neotec it fits perfect & I'll still have one helmet with a heated visor.
Good choice.

2012 R1200RT
1985 T5 Vespa
2007 Piaggio X9 500 EVO
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:28 am

Quote:
A heated visor runs off of the 12 volt system & will not fog or freeze under any weather conditions. The Pinlok visor works pretty good but I have had some fogging & on a few rides with the temps. in the single digits the visor did ice up on the inside. The heated visor stays crystal clear no matter how hard you breathe.
Thanks for the info. I had never seen nor heard of these.

BTW - I made the switch from the Multitec to the Neotec earlier this year. I find the Neotec a bit more comfortable and the drop down sun visor is excellent. The Neotec is both quieter and louder than the Multitec. Much quieter with the top vent closed but a considerable amount of wind noise with it open. But it does flow a ton of air.

"Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv
2018 Vespa 300
post #8 of 8 Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:13 am

I bought a Revolver, hate it (and I'm a Bell fan--loved my Bell Star, which is five times as expensive for a reason). NO ventillation, noisy, very cheaply made. If you need a spare $100 helmet for an unexpected passenger, it's ok, but if you're going to wear it every day, you'll be unhappy.

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in