My new Schuberth C3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Jan 31st, 2013, 1:08 am Thread Starter

My new Schuberth C3

Just adding to the already long list of posts from people writing about their initial Schuberth C3 experiences.

I picked mine up two days ago to replace my five year old Shoei Multitech. The Shoei is still in pretty OK shape, but I figured after five years it was due for a rest.

The first thing I noticed was the difference in noise protection. The Schuberth, without earplugs, is almost as quiet as the Shoei *with* earplugs.

It was raining on the ride home and I was trying to figure out where the occasional, extremely tiny drops of water were coming from and hitting me in the face. Nothing severe, just a small splat every once in a while. Definitely not what I would expect from a helmet of this quality or price tag. Sitting at a stop light, I remember what the sales guy said - "remember to *click* lock the face shield down all the way." Ah, yes, that last 1/16th of an inch and a *click* made the difference.

The view from the Schuberth is slightly more restricted than from in the Shoei, that or the helmet rides farther back. I find myself having to tilt my head down a few degrees to see the instrument cluster where with the Shoei it was only eye movement to do that. Nothing significant, but...

As far as the Mark of Schuberth, I must have a German-shaped head (even though I am English). It fits like a glove, no pressure points or anything. Except for the padding not being compressed (and funny smelling), the fit is almost identical to the Shoei.

I haven't had a chance to do more that city riding with the Schuberth, but I can already tell it was long overdue in making an appearance on my head.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in