Shoei Neotech vs Multitec Helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jan 5th, 2013, 6:11 am Thread Starter

Shoei Neotech vs Multitec Helmet

Been looking at getting a modular helmet and comparing the Neotech with the multitec. Anyone had both and care to share thier opinions? Muti's are running around $310.00 on several websites vs $596. on the Neo.s. Currently own a Shoei Quest that is very comfortable just want the conveniences of a modular.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:32 am

Wink Re: Shoei Neotech vs Multitec Helmet

I was recently in a low side and scratched up my Multitec so I upgraded to the Neotech. I love them both! The thing I noticed the most about the Multitec besides the great fit was the ventilation. It was the only helmet (on the LT anyway) where I immediately felt a rush of air right over my head whenever I opened the top vent! The Neotech is just as great if not better! The only thing I wished for when I first bought the Multitec was a drop down sun visor like all the other modulars seemed to have. Then, shortly after I bought the Multitec they come out with the Neotech! And I knew I would upgrade to that next! Just not as soon as I did.

I highly recommend either one, and the only real difference is the drop down sun visor. Oh yeah, the Neotec may also be a bit quieter than the Multitec, but that is subjective on my part.

With the current price offerings I would say to grab the Multitec and see if it fits your needs. But if you want the best right off, I feel the Neotec is it!

HTH,
John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:54 am

Re: Shoei Neotech vs Multitec Helmet

I have not owned a Multitec but do own a Neotec. I had performed a tremendous amount of research and it appeared the Neotec offered all the things I was looking for i.e. modular helmet, integrated sun visor, noticeable ventilation you can feel, low weight for modular, pin-lock system included, low noise for modular, removable liner, removable ear pads to easily accommodate a communication system, neutral shape that accommodates a variety of head shapes, etc.

I realize the cost appears high but in this case I truly believe you are getting what you pay for, not sure the same can be said from other high end brands.

I hope this helps.

Aloha.

Scot

post #4 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2013, 7:59 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to decide which helmet today and place the order. Probably going with the Neotec though.
post #5 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shma1
Been looking at getting a modular helmet and comparing the Neotech with the multitec. Anyone had both and care to share thier opinions? Muti's are running around $310.00 on several websites vs $596. on the Neo.s. Currently own a Shoei Quest that is very comfortable just want the conveniences of a modular.
Thanks
I have the neotec and like it with the exception of the wind noise. It is extremely loud. I put on my old x11 to compare and the 11 is much quieter but it is not a modular.
post #6 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Cool Re: Shoei Neotech vs Multitec Helmet

Modular helmets cannot be as quiet as any full face due to the openings. But the Neotech is one of the quietest modulars in my humble opinion!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02vrodturbo
I have the neotec and like it with the exception of the wind noise. It is extremely loud. I put on my old x11 to compare and the 11 is much quieter but it is not a modular.

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #7 of 13 Old Jan 8th, 2013, 6:29 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

I have a Multitec & love it. I do wish it had the flip down visor but I just got a new wind screen with the tint on the top half that works great. I had the Nolan N102 before & the Multitec is a lot more quiet compared to the N102.

Stevie Shreeve
post #8 of 13 Old Jan 8th, 2013, 9:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shma1
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to decide which helmet today and place the order. Probably going with the Neotec though.
Good move. I've had both, and solidly prefer the Neotec. The Multitec was a good helmet, the Neotec a great helmet.

Quieter, and the face shield is virtually impossible to fog.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #9 of 13 Old Jan 8th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
Good move. I've had both, and solidly prefer the Neotec. The Multitec was a good helmet, the Neotec a great helmet.

Quieter, and the face shield is virtually impossible to fog.

Ditto!

2007 BMW R1200RT
2005 SV 650 "nekid"
post #10 of 13 Old Jan 8th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALDTIRES
Ditto!
You might look at the new Shark lll. I love mine because you have the best of both worlds. In fact I drove to Tulsa today from Joplin Mo. and it was 38 when I left so I used the full face and coming home at 58 degrees and I opened it up and cruised home. It is just over 120 mi each way and I went so I could some Sees candy, a guy got to have some good candy now and then! Also the new Sharks are allot lighter than the ll's

08 BMW k1200lt
05 BMW K1200lt sold
01 Kawi 800 clasic my loud pipe bike
94 Hon RX 100cc going strong
91 Hon 750 gone
87 Suz 750 gone
76 Goldwing 1000 retired
71 Hon 750 long gone

Jesus said I give you a new command "Love one another as I have Loved you". John 13;34 niv
post #11 of 13 Old Jan 18th, 2013, 9:32 pm

I recently retired my Multitec and purchased a Neotec. Shoei took a long time to offer a modular with retracting sunshade and it seems to me they did it right. I find the Neo to be very comfortable and much quieter than the Multi. It seems to ventilate better as well. I am pleased with the improvements Shoei has made to its modular helmet and consider it to be worth the price they charge for it.
post #12 of 13 Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:18 am

Garage

Just picked up my Neotec yesterday at the IMS Bike Show. I'll try it our later today and report back. Got it for $500 OTD. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #13 of 13 Old Feb 18th, 2013, 9:17 pm

You also have to screw the clip system underneath the bag, which can be a bit of a chore. But if I can do it, anybody can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in