Lousy customer service from Gerbing - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 10:50 am Thread Starter

Lousy customer service from Gerbing

I sent Gerbing a message about issues I have with their liner and/or heat controller. That was Dec.16th. 11 days ago. No reply. So, I sent them another message, reminding them of my first message, Dec. 22nd. That was 5 days aqgo. Still no reply.

Am I the only one to experience this kind of «couldn't care less» attitude from Gerbing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 11:14 am

Re: Lousy customer service from Gerbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammam
I sent Gerbing a message about issues I have with their liner and/or heat controller. That was Dec.16th. 11 days ago. No reply. So, I sent them another message, reminding them of my first message, Dec. 22nd. That was 5 days aqgo. Still no reply.

Am I the only one to experience this kind of «couldn't care less» attitude from Gerbing?
I had excellent luck with them, but I called the toll-free number.

Sometimes email is just sketchy with Customer Service and this is certainly not limited to Gerbing's.

What is wrong with your Gerbing's gear.

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #3 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 11:40 am

I have NEVER heard of bad customer service from Gerbing's. It HAS to be either the Christmas season, the Winter season, an email issue, or a combination of any of those things.
I would try calling the 800 number. (866) 371-4328

- Joe

post #4 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Quote:

Why in the world would you post about "lousy customer service" until you had at least given them a call? There are a million reasons (OK, at least several) why you may not have heard back from them other than "lousy customer service" and a "couldn't care less attitude". Maybe your messages went into their spam. Maybe their replies went into YOUR spam. Maybe you typed your email address wrong in their online submission form. Maybe they are having server problems. And on and on....

Give them a call.
post #5 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 2:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE
Why in the world would you post about "lousy customer service" until you had at least given them a call? There are a million reasons (OK, at least several) why you may not have heard back from them other than "lousy customer service" and a "couldn't care less attitude". Maybe your messages went into their spam. Maybe their replies went into YOUR spam. Maybe you typed your email address wrong in their online submission form. Maybe they are having server problems. And on and on....

Give them a call.
I'm afraid none of the excuses you try to find them really qualifies:

- I sent a third message this morning. Now, THREE mesages in their spam? That's a problem THEY have, not me.

- I have checked MY spam. Nothing. And BTW, I've known to check my spam for years. And don't THEY check their spam? They need me more than I need them.

- They can't have my email address wrong since I wrote them from my email sofware, not from their site. A simple «Reply» function would have done the trick. And I never got any postmaster reply that «my message could not be delivered... blah... blah...»

- Having server problems for 11 days, when you are a merchant with a huge customer base and Internet pages and so on does not seem plausible to me.

- Last but not least, none of their two phone numbers, 1-866-371-4328 or 1-800-646-9516 WORKS: «We're sorry, the number dialed is not in service...»

So, yes, maybe they have decided to cut down on customer service.

Thank you.

Last edited by Hammam; Dec 27th, 2012 at 2:52 pm.
post #6 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Quote:
I'm afraid none of the excuses you try to find them really qualifies:

- I sent a third message this morning. Now, THREE mesages in their spam? That's a problem THEY have, not me.

- I have checked MY spam. Nothing. And BTW, I've known to check my spam for years. And don't THEY check their spam? They need me more than I need them.

- They can't have my email address wrong since I wrote them from my email sofware, not from their site. A simple «Reply» function would have done the trick. And I never got any postmaster reply that «my message could not be delivered... blah... blah...»

- Having server problems for 11 days, when you are a merchant with a huge customer base and Internet pages and so on does not seem plausible to me.

- Last but not least, none of their two phone numbers, 1-866-371-4328 or 1-800-646-9516 WORKS: «We're sorry, the number dialed is not in service...»

So, yes, maybe they have decided to cut down on customer service.

Thank you.
No one said they didn't have a problem. And if one went into spam, then the chances are good they all did. But those were just hypotheticals. My point is that there's a difference between having a technical problem and not caring.

By the way, I just called 866 371 4328 and it worked just fine.
post #7 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 4:30 pm

If a company has an email address that they publish for customer service, they are obligated to monitor and respond to it. If they are having difficulty with it for an extended period of time they should put a notification on their web page etc. I understand that calling is a form of contact not easily ignored however for some of us (like me) email correspondence is just a whole lot easier than a phone because it is available when I am, at odd wee hours of the morning or late evening, and can be left to set until it is convenient and comfortable for me. Plus I can't stand press 1 for x and 2 for y, hold music and the transfer run-around, they can forward my email in absentia without me wasting my time.

Plain and simple, there is no excuse that excludes a company from its obligations to customer service through any of the channels it publishes, so assuming the OP has not used some back-channel email address that was obtained through nefarious means I have to agree that this is poor customer service hands down.
post #8 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 4:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE
No one said they didn't have a problem. And if one went into spam, then the chances are good they all did. But those were just hypotheticals. My point is that there's a difference between having a technical problem and not caring.

By the way, I just called 866 371 4328 and it worked just fine.
It did? Isn't that interesting. I just tried it again myself (at exactly 5:33 PM EST), and sure enough, it DOES NOT WORK. I aslo tried the other number two minutes later, just to make sure, and that one still DOES NOT WORK EITHER. Maybe it's because, being Canadian, I am some form of lesser customer, not worthy of a working telephone number.
post #9 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 4:41 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman
I had excellent luck with them, but I called the toll-free number.

Sometimes email is just sketchy with Customer Service and this is certainly not limited to Gerbing's.

What is wrong with your Gerbing's gear.
Thank you, Atomicman. I stated the problems I have in another thread titled «Gerbing customer service»:

« I've had the liner jacket since last Spring, with the optional heat controller plugged in my RT's outlet. It worked beautifully, until it started behaving whimsically a few weeks ago. It works. Then, it stops. Then, it works again. But most of the time, it works, I go, and then, it stops working. For some reason, often after a first shutting down the engine. Not fun when all you're wearing is insulating underwear, the electric liner and the riding jacket with lining, and it's about 35 F.

Now, I can't figue out if the trouble comes from the controller, the plug, the wiring or the liner itself. I do not think it's the system fuse that shuts, since the liner draws 77 watts at full powe and the fuse system on the RT is 10 A. But I could be wrong. Since I have to store the bike for winter, I will have my dealer send the whole kit back to Gerbing under warranty and see what they say. For some reason, since the problem is intermittent, I am not very confident they will find any fault with it. »

I am at a loss here, and I was hoping Gerbing would help. But no luck.
post #10 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 6:10 pm

What year is your RT? On early RT's the aux port would not carry the load due to the Canbus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

735,834 miles on touring motorcycles since 1990

IBA 45658 MOA167437

2000 LTC 90,600 miles KIA (new)
2003 LTE 164,188 miles Silver (Purchased with 1687)
2008 R1200RT 176,196 miles (Purchased with 16458)
2017 R1200RT 84,612 miles (new)
Total BMW miles 497,451
1982 GL1100 rode 84108 miles (bought with 12012 sold 96120)
1988 GL1500 rode 12067 miles (bought with 19893 totaled 31960)
1989 GL1500 rode 142208 miles (bought with 20302 sold 162510)
Goldwing miles 238,383
post #11 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 7:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellenbenz
What year is your RT? On early RT's the aux port would not carry the load due to the Canbus.
My RT is a 2012 model. The manual says that all outlets will take up to 10 A. The Gerbing outputs 77 W. at its maximum. So, amps are less than 10 A, more like 6 A. I think we have to look elsewhere.

Last edited by Hammam; Dec 27th, 2012 at 7:18 pm.
post #12 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Yes their 866 numbers don't work here in Canada, but seriously, it took about 30 seconds on their web site and I got the main number in North Carolina 336.573.1218. I phoned it and voila, it answered. Yes web site and email may not work over the holidays but their web site also gives their hours.

Special Opening Hours (EST)
Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 December Holiday Weekend CLOSED

Hours of Operation (EST)
Showroom
Monday By Appointment Only
Tuesday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Thursday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3pm.
Sunday Closed

Hope this helps.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #13 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 7:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry_kramer
Yes their 866 numbers don't work here in Canada, but seriously, it took about 30 seconds on their web site and I got the main number in North Carolina 336.573.1218. I phoned it and voila, it answered. Yes web site and email may not work over the holidays but their web site also gives their hours.

Special Opening Hours (EST)
Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 December Holiday Weekend CLOSED

Hours of Operation (EST)
Showroom
Monday By Appointment Only
Tuesday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Thursday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:40pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3pm.
Sunday Closed

Hope this helps.

Garry
They also have an 800 number wihich I tried, and which does not work either. Their schedule shows that they were closed Dec. 24th. and 25th. My first message was sent Dec. 11th., my second message Dec. 22nd, my third et fourth messages today.

Nice that heir main number works , but I don't think I should spend money on long-distance calls from Canada to North Carolina for a problem with their gear. Hence the idea of 800 number. Or email. Neither works with Gerbing.

Thanks anyway.
post #14 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Quote:
They also have an 800 number wihich I tried, and which does not work either. Their schedule shows that they were closed Dec. 24th. and 25th. My first message was sent Dec. 11th., my second message Dec. 22nd, my third et fourth messages today.

Nice that heir main number works , but I don't think I should spend money on long-distance calls from Canada to North Carolina for a problem with their gear. Hence the idea of 800 number. Or email. Neither works with Gerbing.

Thanks anyway.
Sorry, a simple phone call, would probably correct this, never depend on the internet. IMO I don't think it is right to dis a company until you try all avenues you have at your finger tips, then if nothing happens, you have a valid reason to complain. Just my $.02 worth.

P.S. I don't have any interests in Gerbing or do I own any Gerbing gear.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #15 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 10:00 pm

I had a problem with My Gerbing's jacket liner. It burnt the heck out of me, just behind the plug puck inside the jacket.

I knew it was hot, but id not realize i barabecued my tummy through my under Armour Mock Tee!

Turns out the contacts in the male plugs are split in half and there must be a gap between the 2 parts of each silver male plug connector. If they are too close together they arc and cause a problem.

Once I made sure all the male plugs had the gap opened up it operated perfectly.

I called and customer service gave me this info. I found it hard to believe and inititally thought they were just blowing smoke up my kazoo, but it worked!

post #16 of 32 Old Dec 27th, 2012, 11:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry_kramer
Sorry, a simple phone call, would probably correct this, never depend on the internet. IMO I don't think it is right to dis a company until you try all avenues you have at your finger tips, then if nothing happens, you have a valid reason to complain. Just my $.02 worth.

P.S. I don't have any interests in Gerbing or do I own any Gerbing gear.

Garry
I HAVE tried all avenues: sent 3 messages, and tried two phone numbers several times, to no avail. What now? Do I have to crawl on all four and beg them to, please, help me? If all that remains is to make a long distance phone call because they don't bother to reply to their mails, and I can't reach them by their tool-free numbers, I am sorry, but they are at fault here, not me. Why should I have to do all the work running after these people? I don't think I should be subjected to such hassle because their garment may have a problem. I have better things to do with my life. After all, I am the customer and I spent a little fortune on their gear. The least they could do is offer REAL on-line or toll-free help. Even to their lesser Canadian customers. Or, if they chose not to, at least state on their Web page that they don't offer on-line help, and not publish email addresses to which they don't reply, and phone numbers that don't work.
post #17 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:28 am
Cat Herder

Garage

Did you call this number 336.573.1218 ???
These guys are on the road all winter long at every International bike show selling there liners...

Stop dialing the 800 numbers... they don't work from outside the US... 99% of the 800 numbers out there are for in country calling ONLY... Canadian customers are no less than any other.

I have been using there gear for years and they are very helpful and will fix your issue.
And yes you can run your liner from the canbus socket... but only one piece of gear. Jacket or pants but not both together.

The liner came with a direct connect battery harness. Your best bet is to use it.
I have mine sticking out under the seat on the left side just enough to have the connector visible... use a wire wrap (they are white or black) and secure it using the screw that is holding the body panel on by the battery.

It won't come off or get lose when you forget to unplug it before you hop off the bike.

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #18 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 1:02 am

Even without a good long distance plan a phone call is pennies a minute, just make call already.

Gerhard
post #19 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 9:09 am Thread Starter

Thank you, TVGuy.

So they publish 800 numbers that are not available to the other 7 billion or so people that don't live in the U.S of A. How nice!

As for their general number, I did dial it. Several times. And guess what? Nobody answered. I only got a recorded message. When I dialed the extension for the showroom, I got yet another recorded message. So, I left my name and phone number for them to call back. But I am ready to bet the farm they WILL NOT call back. I'll keep you posted.

Now, don't you think all this hassle and waste of time justifies describing the whole process as «a lousy customer service from Gerbing»? I am sorry, but I do, and it will take a really, really good explanation from them to make me change my mind. If they ever get in touch with me. Which I doubt.
post #20 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 10:37 am

First let me start by introducing myself, i actually came across this post searching about Gerbing customer service as I've been extremely disappointed and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. To my delight it brought me to the BMW touring forum....excellent (I've got a 2001 R1100RT, and a 2003 V-Star Custom)

I must agree with Hammam on this one.

I too have been subject to the Gerbing run around this month.

Placed a $500 order on December 13th and was assured on the website that all orders would ship within 1-2 business days. Even ordered expedited shipping (2-3 days) to cover any holiday/weather hang ups. Recieved order confirmation, Invoice # and Order #, i was set and my most exciting holiday gift was ready to go!

I have sent 5 e-mails over the past 2 weeks, called 18 times, and left 10 messages.

1-800-646-5916 - left messages
1-866-371-4328 - left messages
336-573-1218 - left a message on this number, left a message on x313 extension, and on the HR extension

Even called 336-573-1218 and transferred the call to the WA store and left a message there......still nothing.

Today is December 28th and still.......nothing.

No e-mail response, no phone call response.....nothing.

Now not only do we not have the products we were anxiously waiting to try, but we've had to purchase different jackets for our trip because we have absolutely ZERO faith in Gerbing.

So Mr. Hammam, i too feel your pain.
post #21 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFish66
First let me start by introducing myself, i actually came across this post searching about Gerbing customer service as I've been extremely disappointed and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. To my delight it brought me to the BMW touring forum....excellent (I've got a 2001 R1100RT, and a 2003 V-Star Custom)

I must agree with Hammam on this one.

I too have been subject to the Gerbing run around this month.

Placed a $500 order on December 13th and was assured on the website that all orders would ship within 1-2 business days. Even ordered expedited shipping (2-3 days) to cover any holiday/weather hang ups. Recieved order confirmation, Invoice # and Order #, i was set and my most exciting holiday gift was ready to go!

I have sent 5 e-mails over the past 2 weeks, called 18 times, and left 10 messages.

1-800-646-5916 - left messages
1-866-371-4328 - left messages
336-573-1218 - left a message on this number, left a message on x313 extension, and on the HR extension

Even called 336-573-1218 and transferred the call to the WA store and left a message there......still nothing.

Today is December 28th and still.......nothing.

No e-mail response, no phone call response.....nothing.

Now not only do we not have the products we were anxiously waiting to try, but we've had to purchase different jackets for our trip because we have absolutely ZERO faith in Gerbing.

So Mr. Hammam, i too feel your pain.
I feel yours.

So there...

BTW, two hours later, they still haven't returned my call.

There are tens of heated clothing manufacturers out there. Just see here:

« http://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcycle-clothing/ » Powerlet, among others, have wirelses heat controller.

I am going to send a link to this thread to Gerbing. Maybe this will be a wake-up call.
post #22 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:57 am

Quote:
I feel yours.

So there...

BTW, two hours later, they still haven't returned my call.

There are tens of heated clothing manufacturers out there. Just see here:

« http://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcycle-clothing/ » Powerlet, among others, have wirelses heat controller.

I am going to send a link to this thread to Gerbing. Maybe this will be a wake-up call.
Did you see this?

NOTE: International customers must call 001.360.357.1110 as
opposed to using our toll free numbers.

From the Gerbings site under Olymopia Washington tab! found it in less than 5 seconds!

post #23 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Quote:
Great! I challenge anyone to find any tab on Gerbing's main Web page in less than 5 secnds, unless they have been alerted by this thread, and REALLY look very hard to prove a poster wrong. And am I supposed to GUESS that support will perhaps be found in Washington state, not in North Carolina? This is totally absurd.

But, still, I gave it a try. And finally found the famous tab through trial and error. But only because YOU mentioned the Olympia name. Why would I chose Olympia rather than North Carolina? As for the mention « NOTE: International customers must call 001.360.357.1110 as
opposed to using our toll free numbers », I'm sitll looking for it.

Anyway, I called that FIFTH number (which is NOT the one you say.) Guess what again? NO ANSWER. RECORDED MESSAGE: «SORRY WE ARE CLOSED NOW, PLEASE TRY LATER.»

Do you really call all this hassle and waste of time for NOT getting support good customer sevice? I don't. I call it LOUSY! More, I call it scorn.
Gerbing's is actually based in Olympia Washington. It's where they started. I understand, I know that becuase I live in Western Washington.

post #24 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Contact

Customer Support:1.800.646.5916 (360.357.1110)
[email protected] Tech Support:1.800.646.5916 (360.357.1110)
[email protected] Dealer Support:360.357.1110
[email protected]Fax:360.357.6151
NOTE: International customers must call 001.360.357.1110 as
opposed to using our toll free numbers.

Email Contact Information General E-mail: [email protected]
Technical questions: [email protected]
Order Inquiry: [email protected]
Warranty/Return questions: [email protected]

President and CEO:Tom Nolan [email protected]Store: Main # 336.573.1218

So which email did you use?

post #25 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 1:35 pm

this link is from thier main page on left side menu. might be worth giving them a try.

http://gerbing.com/International/index.php

GERBING’S IN CANADA

Motorcycle Products Distributor

Contact Motovan Corporation for a listing of dealers who carry Gerbing’s Heated
Motorcycle clothing:

Motovan Corporation
1391 Gay Lussac
Boucherville, QC
J4B 7K1
www.motovan.com

Tel: 450-449-7773

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #26 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Quote:
Jus because I wanted to go to the bottom of this, I gave Motovan a call. You won't believe this: the published phone number DOES NOT WORK! It's a fax number. I found another number, and lo and behold, I got a recorded message.
that kinda sux.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #27 of 32 Old Dec 28th, 2012, 5:37 pm Thread Starter

After all the aggravation and frustration and anger, and after someone posted Gerbing' CEO email address, I finally received a reply from him. Apparently, they have just bought the company and are having all kinds of problems with all their communication system, phone numbers, addresses... What he calls «bad legacy technology issues.»

So , I will give them the benefit of the doubt, and see what comes next.

Case closed for now. Thank you
post #28 of 32 Old Jan 4th, 2013, 2:04 pm

My wife thought that she bought a dual thermostat from directly from Gerbings for me on 12/13/12 for my heated jacket liner – boy was she wrong. She thought that it would be delivered in time for Christmas. So, she called them on 12/23 and got through to them – kids were screaming in the background. The sales associate said that he couldn’t help her because their system was down. He also said that perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to bring his children into the office that day. The thermostat was not delivered by Christmas, and it is now 1/4/2013 we still haven’t seen it. I have called Gerbings 3 times using the number listed on this forum. The number works, but after waiting on hold for an hour 3 times, and then leaving a message 3 times, I have still not heard from them. I have sent Gerbings 3 emails, and they have not responded to me.

Gerbings has good service? Compared to what?

Vagabond
post #29 of 32 Old Jan 4th, 2013, 3:03 pm

I have an overheating PDU on my jacket.

I called and got on hold for 30 minutes twice with no resoponse.

I emailed the:
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected]

Tom responded in a few minutes, I got a phone call and return email with an RMA # and the jacked and dual controller are back on the way to gerbing.

THEY promised an under a week turn around.

Lets keep my fingers crossed that I get it back back in a week.

Paul

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

post #30 of 32 Old Jan 4th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Garage

Quote:

Changes at Gerbings - After bringing manufacturing back home to the US from overseas, Northwest born, Gerbing’s Heated Clothing, Inc., a leading manufacturer of heated clothing and accessories, has announced that it has been acquired by Prospect Brands, LLC and will be led by Tom Nolan, who will serve as President and Chief Executive Officer.
post #31 of 32 Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2000
Changes at Gerbings - After bringing manufacturing back home to the US from overseas, Northwest born, Gerbing’s Heated Clothing, Inc., a leading manufacturer of heated clothing and accessories, has announced that it has been acquired by Prospect Brands, LLC and will be led by Tom Nolan, who will serve as President and Chief Executive Officer.

after I heard back from the president of the company, I sent my jacket in for repair with an RMA.

a few days later I got a call that said a replacement (totally new) jacket was on the way back to me.

the new jacket has a different way to plug into it. Instead of a hard plastic PDU like my old jacket, this new one has just has the cables in a zippered pouch

HArd plastic PDU

I only used the new jacket for 8 hours so far and it did work.

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

post #32 of 32 Old Feb 1st, 2013, 6:58 pm

I can't imagine a worse sceneraio. Buying a company that makes heated winter clothing during their winter. Having the communications systems go down. Having that happen during the very bussy part of the seasonal sales. Going through that prior to retailers trying to get in stock for Christams.

And then having do bring you children into work a few adays before Christmas to try and shovel all of the that crap to try and straighten things out?

It's been over 25 years since I managed a retail store during Christmas. Whenever I realize Christmas is commin uo, my first thought it "Thank God I don't have to work in retail any more. especially during Christmas!!"

bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in