Nolan Helmets - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Apr 30th, 2012, 9:48 pm Thread Starter

Nolan Helmets

Hi Group, Time to retire my 10 year old N100. For those of you who have the N103 and 104, is there really that much difference with 104 for the extra dollars? Seems to be great discounts on the N103. In hindsight, would you have been just as happy with the 103 Vs 104?

Thanks, Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Apr 30th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Re: Nolan Helmets

I rode for many years with a N100 and then a N102. Tried on a N103 and it was a more long oval shape. It did not fit my round head at all. I would try the new N 90. It has gotten good reviews and may be a more round shape. List price is around $250 -$300 depending on color and pin lock shield. Has the drop down shade and is N-com compatible.

Chuck Swenson,
Sioux City, IA
2010 R1200RT Low with ESA2!
2005 LT

Last edited by iowalt; Apr 30th, 2012 at 10:00 pm. Reason: missing phrase
post #3 of 8 Old Apr 30th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Check out www.compacc.com good prices on nolan.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old May 1st, 2012, 10:41 am

I've had the N102 and N103, from the sounds of it the N104 sounds a lot better then either of the other two. the N103 is an ok helmet, air flow could be much better and it is noisy I'm hoping the 104 will resolve both of those issues, and from the reviews I've read it sounds like it does.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #5 of 8 Old May 1st, 2012, 1:09 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the help.
post #6 of 8 Old May 1st, 2012, 1:55 pm

Garage

Compare the two..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXuze4gxje4

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #7 of 8 Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:36 pm

N103 - fits me and my wife fine. Bluetooth and audio sounds great. The internal sunglass works very well.Volume range is good. Nolan has cables for the LT intercom / music, and NAV III

On the bad side, its noisy, very noisy. The airflow is not great, even with the LT window all the way down. Audio is good. But if you turn on the helmet before the music source, the helmet chooses mono over stereo. What lame brain chose that default. Left ear only.

If you broadcast music over BT to a passenger, the gets mono, but at least in both cards.

NAV III over wire is great. Both hear and both get phone service NAV III over BT is terrible. The driver hears everything, but the passenger gets only alert beeps. Think about the fit that the NAV III has when you miss a turn or get on a road it does not have.

I do not know, but I have heard the N104 is less noisy and has a new rev. of Bluetooth.

Bill

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #8 of 8 Old Jun 9th, 2012, 12:45 am

Garage
Thumbs up Re: Nolan Helmets

My wife & I got N104's with B4 bluetooth units for a really good price from www.extremesupply.com since we bought two setups. I moved up from an N102. The air can be felt moving both at the eyebrow area and on top of head when my windshield is down. The bluetooth units are good, offering plenty of volume that can be adjusted by connecting the helmet to your computer. I already downloaded a firmware update to 3.11. The preset FM stations can be chosen from the computer connection also. We have had them about three weeks and are both happy. Salesman Michael gave us the deal. He even threw in the T-bars that allow locking the helmets to our license plate frame helmet holders.

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in