BMW Denim City Pants - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 10th, 2012, 6:31 pm Thread Starter

BMW Denim City Pants

I just purchased a pair of BMW Denim City Pants. I have wanted a pair of these pants, but didn't want to pay the $289 price. Since BMW has released the version 2 of the pant, you can find the original version for $100 off MSRP from various dealers (check e-bay)

I like the fit of jeans and their light weight, compared to the typical motorcycle mesh pants, which make me look like a space traveler. I have Draggin Jeans and Diamond Gusset Defenders, both of which are Kevlar reinforced, but these don't have armor.

I like the looks and fit of the Denim City pants. They still look like jeans, even though they have the knee and hip armor. They have a mesh lining that feels comfortable next to your skin (the Kevlar in the other jeans I have feels like burlap).

I recommend the BMW Denim City Pants for folks looking for jeans, but also want armor.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Re: BMW Denim City Pants

I would probably get a pair for around town if they've dropped that much in price. For the long trips, I still like my "Spaceman" Costume.

Keep the rubber on the road and the blood inside

2006 R1200RT
2001 HD Road King Classic (Sold)
1999 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
post #3 of 4 Old Apr 16th, 2012, 9:16 pm

I bought a pair of these "City 2" pants and I'm very pleased with them. Very comfortable for day rides, but for the long distance stuff, I prefer Comfort Shell / Tour Shell gear.

Yes, it's expensive as is all this stuff, but if you happen to be riding in jeans, and happen to lay it down at 50mph (like my friend did on a day with light rain in San Diego) you won't be grinding your kneecap damn near off...like he did and spending a week in the hospital, a month of painful physical therapy and knowing that some of the skin what was on your butt is now covering your kneecap. Good gear is always worth the money if you happen to go down at speed.

Mark

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 18th, 2015, 5:32 am

How was the sizing? I am looking to buy a pair as well.
Thank you
David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in