Need a New Schuberth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Mar 19th, 2006, 1:52 pm Thread Starter

Need a New Schuberth

I dropped mine last week and jam the latch. Now I need to find a new silver one. XXL in the C2 or XXXL in the older Concept.
Anyone spot a cheaper place to get one. $425 is my best for a new one so far for a C2. I have seen the Concept for $265 in all the wrong sizes.

Point me in the right direction.

Lewis

Lewis

Pasadena, TX

Naturlized Texan after 34 years 'In State'.
BMW 2003LTC
IBA 21743 & 23281
AMA 278337
BMWOA 26977
Corvette National Museum Life Member 941
ARRL Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 7:37 am

Question Schuberth

I've been thinking of getting one, but they are sure expensive. I look at them at BMW Ride West in Seattle. I like the concept of the C2 flip up, but the S1 also seemed nice.

Dealer told me they were rated as one of the quietest helmets available. However after I posted a threat about them, I got the impression from most that they were noisy. What;s your experience?

Currently ride with a Shoei.
post #3 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 8:43 am
Bouncer

www.ant-racing.com

David Ashi is a good guy and supports the BMW community.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 9:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMarshal
I've been thinking of getting one, but they are sure expensive. I look at them at BMW Ride West in Seattle. I like the concept of the C2 flip up, but the S1 also seemed nice.

Dealer told me they were rated as one of the quietest helmets available. However after I posted a threat about them, I got the impression from most that they were noisy. What;s your experience?

Currently ride with a Shoei.
I had one of the original Concepts, it was the noisiest thing I ever tried to wear. Sold it at a big loss after a couple months, could not stand the infernal noise. My 3/4 flip shield Arai Sz/M helmets were a FRACTION of the noise of the Concept.

Sure hope Schuberth has made HUGE improvements in noise over the Concept!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 11:51 am
TMH

Lewis,

$425 is a great price for a C2. I recently bought mine from Helmet Harbor for more than that, and now they are listing them for $450. The other best price that had been floating around was through Extreme Supply, but it also looks like their prices start at about $450. I guess that now that Spring is here...

I only had my HJC CL-Max to compare with the C2, but given the right head size/shape, the C2 is an excellent helmet. I was distressed when the one which I bought mail order felt much tighter than the one I had tried on in a store. But not to worry after all - The one I bought "loosened up" to just right within a week of wearing it.

I will have to say that I don't notice a big noise reduction between the C2 as compared to the CL-Max (but maybe the CL-Max was not that noisy?) But it definitely is not an issue with the C2. I tried it out last week for the first time with my Autocom speakers and my little XM radio (playing through a cassette adapter through the bike's stereo system), and it was great. Not as good as if I had been using in-the-ear headphones, but fine nonetheless.

Sounds like you have had Schuberth helmets before, so I don't need to tell you about their quality. From some of the posts I have read, the C2 is a substantial improvement over the original Concept, and is worth the extra money. That is hearsay, however, as I never used an original Concept, only the C2.

Tom

2009 R1200GS-ADV
2005.5 KTM Adventure 950
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 3:57 pm Thread Starter

[QUOTE=SeaMarshal]I got the impression from most that they were noisy. What;s your experience?

QUOTE]

My concept is fairly noisy. A lot more than my full face, but it is so much more comfortable that I'll put up with it. And the C2 is supposed to be quite a bit quieter. It's cooler than other helmets I've worn as well and that was one of the areas of improvement.

Lewis

Lewis

Pasadena, TX

BMW 2003LTC
IBA 21743 & 23281
AMA 278337
BMWOA 26977
ARRL Life Member
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 3:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
www.ant-racing.com

David Ashi is a good guy and supports the BMW community.
I give it a look. Thanks

Lewis

Lewis

Pasadena, TX

BMW 2003LTC
IBA 21743 & 23281
AMA 278337
BMWOA 26977
ARRL Life Member
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 4:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMH
Lewis,

From some of the posts I have read, the C2 is a substantial improvement over the original Concept, and is worth the extra money. That is hearsay, however, as I never used an original Concept, only the C2.

Tom
Thanks Tom, As soon as I calm the wife down I'll order one. I told her last night I was looking for a new one and let's just say that she isn't real proud of me right now. ;-))

I'll El'Jeffe's vendor a shot and try to sneak this by her.

Lewis

Lewis

Pasadena, TX

BMW 2003LTC
IBA 21743 & 23281
AMA 278337
BMWOA 26977
ARRL Life Member
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 12:08 am
IBR# 366

Garage
The C2 is much quieter than the original Concept. You can see it in how the C2 is put together, with lots of little rubber gaskets and things blocking the various places wind can get in. And you can hear the difference when riding.

Plus the flip and the sunshield are great to have.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in