BMW Tourance jacket - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 29th, 2011, 2:49 pm Thread Starter

BMW Tourance jacket

Tourance jacket
I am looing to purchase a BMW Tourance jacket and have found that Sierra BMW is providing a 15% discount off of retail. And I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the jacket and would they recommend it, knowing that there are so many options out there these days that it makes it hard to select one, especially when most local shops don't stock anything you can try on. You pretty much have to buy on line and hope the sizing is correct.

However in this case I have tried on the jacket at my local dealer and I asked if there was a discount for my membership in BMWMOA and he said no. I belong to the Porsche Club of America and with my membership my dealers always provide a 20% discount off of retail, which is great.

So as much as I want to give my business to the local dealer it would be a sweet deal to pick up the jacket from Sierra at a price of 381 dollars and 10 dollars for shipping, well under the local dealer's retail price of 449 plus 8.25% tax which would put me out the door at 486 dollars......almost a hundred dollar savings. I know that is not a lot of money in the scheme of our bikes but when you look at it strictly from a business perspective the deal with Sierra is the best value. I checked online at the Denver BMW dealer featured on this site but they have the jacket listed at full retail.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 30th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Re: BMW Tourance jacket

It may be too late. But, I'd recommend you look at the 2011, FirstGear, Kilimanjaro. It's actually waterproof/breathable without the need for liners. I think it compares nicely to the Aerostitch Darien Light jackets. You can find it for $250 at WingStuff.com

2011 BMW R1200RT (SOLD)
2012 Honda GL1800 Level 3 (SOLD)
2010 BMW K1300GT (SOLD)
2009 Yamaha FJR (TRADED IN)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (TRADED IN)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (TRADED IN)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in