New Modular Helmets: Nolan N104, Jiano EVO TC - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 12th, 2011, 9:41 pm Thread Starter

New Modular Helmets: Nolan N104, Jiano EVO TC

I see that a couple of new modular helmets have come out: Nolan N104 and Vemar Jiano EVO TC. If anyone has purchased one or even just seen them I'd love to hear some impressions. Thx

Art-----------------
2012 Triumph Street Triple R
2010 BMW RT
2001 H-D FXDX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 4th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Re: New Modular Helmets: Nolan N104, Jiano EVO TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozonewanderer
I see that a couple of new modular helmets have come out: Nolan N104 and Vemar Jiano EVO TC. If anyone has purchased one or even just seen them I'd love to hear some impressions. Thx
I know this question is almost a year old but I will offer my first impressions of my new Nolan N104 N-Com helmet for you and those who might be interested in the Nolan helmet..

I just purchased, and received, my Nolan N104 two days ago. First impression is that it is a very attractive, and LIGHTWEIGHT, helmet. It offers many features that had me sold when I watched the sales video from Revzilla:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HXuze4gxje4

Since I have a fat head, I had to order the 2XL (or largest) helmet Nolan makes in this model. I order my 2XL in Lava Grey to match closely with my graphite grey metallic K1200LT. When I received it, it was initially a little stiff on my face but that is to be expected with a brand new helmet. I wore it on a ride today, taking it off and putting it on a few times, and it feels better with no real uncomfortable pressure on my head or face. It is snug, and it should be.

I enjoy the flip up face of the helmet as it is easy to perform this function for taking off and putting on. The side slide mechanism that drops down the smoked shield in front of your eyes (in bright light situations) works flawlessly. It retracts very quickly when you want to see through the visor without the smoke shield. I love this feature as my transitions lenses on my eyeglasses do not get dark enough normally in regular sunlight. The smoked drop-down shield is a great addition which makes riding toward the sun much more enjoyable.

The vents on the front of the helmet are great also. I could feel the cool air (today's ride was in the low-60's) coming through the vents and hitting my face, forehead and subtly on the back-top of my head. I can see how this would be pleasant on a hotter day to help cool you inside the helmet.

The fitment of my Nolan helmet is near perfect so far. It is not completely broken in after only one use but, with time, it will feel even better. it is very snug around the ears which will help with wind noise when I install the communication system later. It feels snugger than any helmet I have owned previous and it should vastly improve the sound coming from onboard music systems or iPhones through Bluetooth..

All-in-All, I am very happy with this helmet. It is the most I have paid for a helmet ever but, hey, I am riding a BMW and I've got to represent (Ha!).. I would definitely recommend the Nolan N104. Watch the video link above to see Revzilla's review. It was very helpful for me.

NOTE: I am in no way endorsing Revzilla and I am not affiliated with that company. Shop your best deal to be satisfied. I purchased my Nolan locally and had my local outlet price match Revzilla. They actually BEAT the Revzilla price by $10 (Tax included).

mH
2006 BMW K1200LT

---------------------
2006 Honda Goldwing
2006 Yamaha Road Star (Midnight Silverado)
1996 Honda Nighthawk 750
1989 Yamaha Virago 535
1982 Yamaha Exciter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in