BMW Hi-Viz Air Shell Jacket on ebay - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Aug 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm Thread Starter

BMW Hi-Viz Air Shell Jacket on ebay

I just bought a BMW Air Shell Jacket on ebay from an authorized BMW dealer.

The buy it now price is $494.00 with the Optional Back Pad (no bargain there), but you can make a"Best Offer" (Not an Auction)

I first offered $350.00 they declined. They came back at $405.00 plus $15.00 shipping

Here at home I would have paid $494.00 plus tax of $46.93 for a total of $540.93

Saved $120.93 over buying it here at home. Or I may have been able to talk the local BMW dealer into $494 including tax.

If I found a source with free shipping on the web or talked my way out of the tax I would have saved about $75.00

Not a huge discount but they are Full price everywhere else I've looked and I have scoured the web!

I believe they have quite a few more if anyone is in the market.

Motorcycles of Atlanta

BMW Ducati Husqvarna Motorcycles of Atlanta

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT

Last edited by Atomicman; Aug 29th, 2011 at 1:28 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Aug 30th, 2011, 10:59 am

Re: BMW Hi-Viz Air Shell Jacket on ebay

Thanks for this post. I've got a BMW Ralley 3 suit on my wish list for Christmas. Two BMW dealers within 50 miles, one never has any BMW clothing to look at or try on , the other will have maybe one suit to look at but always three times my size. I know BMW riding apparel is first rate but the prices are heart stopping to say the least.

There are usually ten to twenty BMW dealers listing Rally suits on eBay, always asking full price "buy it now". I've notice a few dealers will put in an option for the "best offer". It would good to her your experience with the best offer. With the economy the way it is now, it encouraging to hear that at least some of the dealers with try to work a deal on the apparel.

westcott360
Frisco, Texas
2008 BMW R1200RT (Titan Silver)
post #3 of 6 Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcott360
Thanks for this post. I've got a BMW Ralley 3 suit on my wish list for Christmas. Two BMW dealers within 50 miles, one never has any BMW clothing to look at or try on , the other will have maybe one suit to look at but always three times my size. I know BMW riding apparel is first rate but the prices are heart stopping to say the least.

There are usually ten to twenty BMW dealers listing Rally suits on eBay, always asking full price "buy it now". I've notice a few dealers will put in an option for the "best offer". It would good to her your experience with the best offer. With the economy the way it is now, it encouraging to hear that at least some of the dealers with try to work a deal on the apparel.
You're certainly welcome!

Got a tracking number today so all looks good s far!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Aug 30th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman
I just bought a BMW Air Shell Jacket on ebay from an authorized BMW dealer.

The buy it now price is $494.00 with the Optional Back Pad (no bargain there), but you can make a"Best Offer" (Not an Auction)

I first offered $350.00 they declined. They came back at $405.00 plus $15.00 shipping

Here at home I would have paid $494.00 plus tax of $46.93 for a total of $540.93

Saved $120.93 over buying it here at home. Or I may have been able to talk the local BMW dealer into $494 including tax.

If I found a source with free shipping on the web or talked my way out of the tax I would have saved about $75.00

Not a huge discount but they are Full price everywhere else I've looked and I have scoured the web!

I believe they have quite a few more if anyone is in the market.

Motorcycles of Atlanta

BMW Ducati Husqvarna Motorcycles of Atlanta

The shop is about 6 miles from my house. I was just there last week getting my 6k service done. BMW clothing in the store is at list price so good find on the bay. They are a good shop with excellent service, pricey but good.

"Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv
2018 Vespa 300
post #5 of 6 Old Aug 30th, 2011, 11:44 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: BMW Hi-Viz Air Shell Jacket on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman
The shop is about 6 miles from my house. I was just there last week getting my 6k service done. BMW clothing in the store is at list price so good find on the bay. They are a good shop with excellent service, pricey but good.
Thanks, that's reassuring info!

post #6 of 6 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman
I actually know some people who live closer to the "other" BMW dealer in metro Atlanta but go to Marietta for work & service.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in