Improvements in Schuberth going from Concept to C2 to C3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 8:46 pm Thread Starter

Improvements in Schuberth going from Concept to C2 to C3

Any one on board that has gone from one of those helmets to another?

So far, I've found these prices, C3 $680, C2 $340, Concept $280.

I'd like to gather information so that I can decide if the C2 is worth the marginal cost? So far, I believe the C2 fogs up a lot less than the Concept.

If I can buy two C2s for the same price of the C3, is the C3 worth twice a C2?

Many thanks
Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 10th, 2011, 9:34 am

Re: Improvements in Schuberth going from Concept to C2 to C3

The C3 is vastly quieter than the earlier models (84dBA/100kmh/62mph). The Pinlock Visor Shield simply just works. No fogging even in closed position on the coldest rides. And it removes in seconds without tools or pieces flying across the room. In short the lowest profile, noise, weight modular you can buy. Assuming you can still get a new C2 or earlier (the original Concept now seems crude in comparison) it may still be worth paying up for the ultimate Schuberth experience. We have some current stock on "members only" sale, $629. Ordering online add "BMWLT plus member name" under Special Instr/Comments. Your special price will be confirmed by email before charging.

"... with extreme prejudice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 10th, 2011, 11:10 am

Mike, have you personally worn the others? I want a C3, but I've heard varying reports on how they fit compared to the C3. I wore a XXL Concept, now wearing an XL C2. The C2 had to be modified because it really hurt my forehead. The Shoei modular fits me so absolutely perfectly that I think it was molded on my head, but it lacks the sun visor. So any tips on how a C3 would fit me?

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 10th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Hey Calvarez,

What you describe are typical sizing comparisons. The old Concept was smaller than indicated so most people went up a size. You should be the same size in the C3 as you were in the C2 though the outside shape and internals are improved. The new shape would be comparable to something like the Shoei Qwest or Arai RX-Q. If you experienced forehead discomfort to the point of needing modifications we suggest a live try-on at a dealer counter if at all possible. We have used and sold all the Schuberth modulars for over 10 years.

"... with extreme prejudice."

post #5 of 7 Old Feb 10th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Quote:
we suggest a live try-on at a dealer counter if at all possible.
Yeah, nearest one is 400 miles away in a place I have no other reason to go. Shipping stuff around can get expensive. Which is why I haven't done anything yet.

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2011, 7:56 am

I looked at the C3 this past weekend when the motorcycle show was in Chicago. It's a nice helmet and fit me incredibly well. But the price! $699, Yikes!!

It would be nice to consider this helmet but when it costs twice what others do I wonder how many they'll sell.

Peter Tessin
2002 Champagne
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 9:54 am

Hey Mike, I had decided to just go for it and order one from your site, but found that you only have black now. Will you be getting others in stock, or is that it for your Schuberth stock? Black is simply not a good color in the AZ heat. I'd like silver.

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in