Schubert C2 Question(s) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 27th, 2006, 12:22 pm Thread Starter

Schubert C2 Question(s)

I have had the C2 for about two months now and have a couple of questions. For those that have the C2, do you have to use two hands with a good amount of force to close the helmet? When I had my HJC Symax, I was able to close it with one hand. I find that with the C2, I use my right hand to lower the top piece (also have to get over the Autocom mike), then have to raise the shield and use my left hand to hold the upper shell while pressing the helmet closed. I also notice that the right side pin may not go all the way down (unless I excert more force to close the helmet) to indicate that the helmet is fully locked. I do not know if this is normal operation or if it may be binding in which I do not see. Besides this one quirk, I really love the helmet.

I also notice that with the anti-fog shield that it will kind of get blurry (smear) at the lower portion while riding in cold weather. I do not know if I would rather have it fog up (as with my HJC) or make me have blurry vision at the lower portion of the shield.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 27th, 2006, 8:30 pm

I use two hands to close my C1, left click and then a right click, while I push on the chin bar and the back of the helmet.
You must know that the top of the shield pops away to get venting. I always raise the visor one click before I stop, and ride with the chin vent open if required. Of course the wind noise goes up with each venting.
Nice warm helmet in the winter time, to hot in the summer!!!

"The idea is to die young as late as possible"

Barney Rubble (rider); Wilma Flintstone (pillion).
2000LTC CHAMPAGNE, Most prominent color at early CCR's
BMWMOA 89402
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 27th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Wink A slippery surface

I purchased a C2 recently also. And although I haven't yet worn it while riding, your post pretty well describes how mine closes as well.
It sounds though that yours does require a bit more force. IMO that may be because the helmet is not stationary on your head while you are closing it, due to a.... "slippery surface"?? Sorry couldn't resist!
BTW how does that sun visor work?

Last edited by MattyK; Feb 27th, 2006 at 10:48 pm. Reason: Another question

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 28th, 2006, 12:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
For those that have the C2, do you have to use two hands with a good amount of force to close the helmet?
Yes, same here. I always give it a good counter-tug each time as well, to make sure it's locked properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
I also notice that with the anti-fog shield that it will kind of get blurry (smear) at the lower portion while riding in cold weather.
Again, same here. The anti-fog effect of the coating is not as effective as the pin-lock visors I used with my System IV's. I've just been cracking the visor open a bit until it clears but will try using a Hawaiian Anti-Glare stick that I bought at a bike show next riding season. I love the flip-down sun visor though. This was one of the main reasons I bought my C2.
post #5 of 9 Old Feb 28th, 2006, 3:57 am Thread Starter

I just love the visor. My commutes to and from work are starting to have the sun in my eyes, and this beat sun glasses.

As for raising the shield one notch, I wish that I could raise it a half notch. One notch allows too much air in. There is a way to move the shield forward a little by turning a knob on each side to allow some air in, but I do not know how anyone would do this with gloves on.

And yes, it is warm in the winter. Only time will tell about how it is in the summer. Yesterday I rode in 20-degree weather with no problems, well except for the back of my neck being cold. It seems that the C2 is shorter in the back than my Symax. I figure that this helmet is made for the sport/tourer type that has his/her leaned back a little.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 28th, 2006, 9:59 pm

I use a Schampa neck piece (5" high, one size fits all) to cut off the draft. www.schampa.com
post #7 of 9 Old Feb 28th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Kim, the sun visor is fine either partly deployed or full down. I do not use my concept in the summer as I like an open face when it is above 70F, and use reading sun glasses.
The full down sun visor is still light in the lower quadrant, which is ok in the winter or riding early or late in the day. All day bright sun riding I prefer full sun glasses. HTH's
Got to go and polish my head now, see ya.
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 12:35 am

Autocom Support

Mike

Just in case you didnt know, Autocom makes a front fit boom microphone that simply velcro's into the inside of the chin bar. This then goes up and out of the way when the helmets open, and smack back into the right place when its closed, but of course you cannot then use it with the lid open. But if you only ride with the front closed it could be a help with opening and closing the helmet?

Autocom-UK-Tom
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 4:01 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Wilbar.

As for Autocom making the front fit boom microphone, I did not know that. I would think that that since I had the Schubert directly shipped to TopGear to install the headset, they may have mentioned that to me as a option, as they said that they did numerous Schubert installations. Is the front fit microphone something that I can switch out the standard microphone without replacing the speakers? Can you provide a part number, I have the pro-7 system. It is a hassle all the time as I can only lower the top piece without gloves on.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in