Combat lites on an LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 9th, 2010, 7:10 pm Thread Starter

Combat lites on an LT

Anyone have experience wearing Aerostich combat lites on an LT? Love the styling and won't mind the break in period. Is it better to buy these boots off season during the winter or do they ever get discounted?

TIA,

Ed

Ed Flanagan

1970 Guzzi Ambassador civilian
1972 Guzzi Eldorado Police (under construction)
1974 Guzzi Eldorado Police
2003 Silver LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 8th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Combat lites on an LT

I have the Combat Touring Boots. Comments on CTB are probably applicable with the lights being more comfortable and better suited to the LT. So whatever I say the lights would be better.

They are a little clunky shifting but not too bad. Would not be an issue at all if I adjusted the shifter a little. For comparison, my Wesco engineer boots work better, my Wesco harness boots are worse.

Mine are 10 years old, get used about every fourth day I ride about 200 days a year, they look great, built like a tank. They are also comfortable for walking, I walk a couple of miles at lunch and I have no problem with them.

I would suggest the cleated sole. I have the wedge sole as that's all they offered back then and it is slippery when wet.

Aerostich has periodic sales but I don't recall whether they corresponded to off season. Sign up there for email sale alerts.

Bob Pond
2009 K1200LT
potius sero quam nunquam
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 14th, 2010, 10:16 am

Re: Combat lites on an LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTWO
Anyone have experience wearing Aerostich combat lites on an LT? Love the styling and won't mind the break in period. Is it better to buy these boots off season during the winter or do they ever get discounted?

TIA,

Ed
I've been wearing them on my LT since 2005 and am currently on my 2nd set of soles. I've never seen them discounted but compared to the SIDIs that I had before that cost about the same I think they are worth the money. I treat them with Mink Oil once a month to make them water proof. I also changed out the strings with a pair of leather hiking boot strings.

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in