Rev'It Gloves - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

Rev'It Gloves

Whilst Dick and I were at Lonestar BMW today we noticed that Denise was carrying a new line of gear, Rev'It.

I bought some new winter gloves, been wearing some lined Thurlow deerskins for the last five years and reckon it be about time.

These are armored, waterproof and have a phase change liner. I wore them around the store and my hand's never got hot. They say when its cold, your hands stay warm. Don't know yet as I haven't had a chance to wear them riding. The palms are also thinner which is goot for the heated grips.

The big thang, they fit perfect. Most armored gloves fit till you put your hand around the grips and then its a struggle. These are perfect.

They're well made and we'll see if they last as long as the Thurlow's, which by the way are still in excellent shape. They just aren't waterproof.

The riding jackets looked very goot too, but seeings how I have like, I dunno, four, hanging in the moto closet I managed to control myself.... barely. I mean, control myself from buying as there is not control. A walking crash landing, as it may be.

The boots look great, also. They just aren't wide enough for my feet. I've given up on finding an off the rack, manufactured riding boot. I know if I'd had an armored boot I prolly wouldn't have hurt the ankle so badly in my get off, but que sara, sara. (think Doris Day is still hot?)

Check 'em out http://www.revit.net/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Been using Rev'It jacket, pants and gloves over a year. Great fit and well made.

Tom McNulty
..sometimes you eat the bear...and sometimes, the bear eats you....

2003 Silver K1200LT---Sold
AKA "Miss Piggy"
2006 Graphit Gray R1200RT
AKA "Piglet"
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 9:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I don't own any Rev-it gear, but I've looked long and hard at their jackets in my local dealer's display... several times. They are pricey (approx. $500 for their all-season armored jacket) but, as the parts guy tells me, it's a jacket that will work in all 4 seasons, waterproof, etc., etc. Nice-looking, quality materials and workmanship. Seems worth the cost.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I don't own any Rev-it gear, but I've looked long and hard at their jackets in my local dealer's display... several times. They are pricey (approx. $500 for their all-season armored jacket) but, as the parts guy tells me, it's a jacket that will work in all 4 seasons, waterproof, etc., etc. Nice-looking, quality materials and workmanship. Seems worth the cost.
I grabbed one off the rack and looked it over real good and woulda bought it today if it had been my size. Denise did have a discount rack that had a coupla X-small ones on a hook - 20% off; no help to me tho. I sometimes wish my BMW Kalahari would wear out, cuz after 6 years, some of the current stuff is lookin' real good in terms of fit and finish. That doghouse I live in now and then doesn't have much closet space, so I just window shop nowdayz!!!

I also noticed Denise is carrying a full line of Rev-It apparel --- jackets, pants, gloves, boots, etc. She's makes pretty good buying decisions on the apparel lines that Lone Star carries, and she keeps in touch with the folks who buy over the counter - takes cues from the pros and folks like Grif and Swanzy and Barrett, as to likes/dislikes of various items that have been 'field tested'.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in