Schuberth C3 ??? Problems - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 3:06 pm Thread Starter

Schuberth C3 ??? Problems

Has any one had any specific problems with the C3..

e.g problems with the straps or other functioning parts.. Please let me know before I go for one.

Tks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Re: Schuberth C3 ??? Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUN
Has any one had any specific problems with the C3..

e.g problems with the straps or other functioning parts.. Please let me know before I go for one.

Tks
I have had one for 18 months, no problems at all other than deed flies!
post #3 of 8 Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

Good to read that !!! tks

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 1:19 pm

The visor took the force of a sparrow sized bird today on the way to work. Perhaps it saw the flies??
Didn't stop to see which species of Northern European birdie it was 'cos that's the way I roll.

The litle f3cker jarred my head back a fair bit though, and the noise of impact was quite disconcerting. It put me off my porridge and honey at work.
post #5 of 8 Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 6:29 pm

I've had mine for almost 3 yrs--think I bought it in Nov 07-can't really remember now. Anyhow, no issues whatsoever. I did think my pinlock attachment was loosing its seal and it started to fog a little on one side. Pulled out the manual and read that I should turn the eccentric pins 180d's to make it a tighter fit. No more fogging.

Phil in Marin
2013 K1300S-30 Anniv ED. sold
2006 K1200GT-Blue of course-sold
2005 Ducati 999-the I-talian princess-sold
2004 K1200GT Gen-1, Orient Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gone
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 R1100RT.
post #6 of 8 Old Apr 24th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinPhil
I've had mine for almost 3 yrs--think I bought it in Nov 07-can't really remember now. Anyhow, no issues whatsoever. I did think my pinlock attachment was loosing its seal and it started to fog a little on one side. Pulled out the manual and read that I should turn the eccentric pins 180d's to make it a tighter fit. No more fogging.

I bought a new insert THEN read the manual!
post #7 of 8 Old Apr 25th, 2010, 9:09 pm

ROFL! Pretty expensive too. I had remembered in the fall, when I put in the pinlock insert, that the pins were a little loose. When putting them back in noticed they are eccentric shaped. Hummm-but didn't really give it a second thought-just thought they were that way to make them tighter in the hole. Upside -you have a spare!

Phil in Marin
2013 K1300S-30 Anniv ED. sold
2006 K1200GT-Blue of course-sold
2005 Ducati 999-the I-talian princess-sold
2004 K1200GT Gen-1, Orient Blue
gone
2016 Triumph Thruxton R

2000 R1100RT.
post #8 of 8 Old Feb 20th, 2011, 2:17 am

I bought a new C3 just before Christmas and have begun using it daily for the last 2-3 weeks. Its a superb fit and really feels rock-solid on my head without feeling 'shut in'.

I do have two minor niggles though that may be enough for me to send it back for inspection.

The fitment loop for the neck curtain doesnt sit fully in its mounting channel in the shell. Probably not an issue, but could become looser, and maybe give more noise.

Theres an annoying draught of air comming in by my right cheek. Its just enough in the cold weather to be distracting. As far as I can see, its not from the visor or the gap between the chin and neck curtains- rather the chinbar moulding on the right seems to be a fraction further from the shell than the left and Im pretty sure this is the culprit.Iva also tried adjusting the latch pin on that side, but even with the play reduced when closed the draught is still there. Obviously, comming from a standard full-face without chin-curtain, the C3 is worlds better for draughts exclusion but...

Im loathe to go back to my old helmet for three weeks whilst the C3 is being inspected, and whilst I couls just glue some felt or rubber draught-excluder in the necessary places, I do kinda feel that a E500+ euro helmet should be spot-on.

Am I being overly fussy? Anyone else had this?

James

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in