Shuberth C3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Dec 19th, 2009, 3:39 am Thread Starter

Shuberth C3

I realised my much loved Arai is not really up to the job of serious winter riding. It's very light and fits like a glove, but it's just too cold and prone to misting up.

Snow permitting, I'm doing some serious commuting at the moment, so although it was eye wateringly expensive I bought a C3.

Yes, it is quiet, although in tunnels it does boom quite a lot. I guess I didn't notice this with other helmets because of the wind noise. It's also much less drafty around the neck. I did find my head getting cold though, so wear a skull cap and am now toasty. The big flip means it's easy to put on without disturbing any scarf/headgear arrangements, which is a big benefit. It's actually my first flip helmet and I do like the flip.

It has a special 'pinlock' visor that's very resistant to misting. It's a bit like looking through a letter box at first, but then you realise the peripheral vision is like a normal helmet, it just has this pinlock frame. You can see misting outside of the pinlock, so it is effective. Around town there is some misting, but otherwise it seems very effective.

I'm glad I bought it, and it does what it says it does, but if I wasn't using the bike so much I would say it's too much money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Dec 19th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Re: Shuberth C3

+1
I have being using the Shuberth C3 for about a year now and agree it is a fine helmet but very expensive. Check the “pinlock” visor seal from time to time as any gap will cause misting.

May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows your dead
post #3 of 5 Old Dec 19th, 2009, 8:30 pm

+2

Bloody expensive, but there's nothing else out there with the features & fit that meets my needs/desires. I've had mine for 4-5 months; it's everything my C1 was, but better. It took the J&M headset well, too. The pin lock visor is a definite plus at 30 degrees.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

post #4 of 5 Old Dec 19th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett
+2

Bloody expensive, but there's nothing else out there with the features & fit that meets my needs/desires. I've had mine for 4-5 months; it's everything my C1 was, but better. It took the J&M headset well, too. The pin lock visor is a definite plus at 30 degrees.
Good to hear Mark.. I have the older model tip up C1... and can see the day I have to replace it.. but where can I get it in the US.. I had heard the importer stopped... and I like the C3 !!

Bill
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
post #5 of 5 Old Dec 19th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd
Good to hear Mark.. I have the older model tip up C1... and can see the day I have to replace it.. but where can I get it in the US.. I had heard the importer stopped... and I like the C3 !!
Post #10 in this thread:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ight=Schuberth

and post #s 27, 29, 31 and 33 in this thread:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...huberth&page=2

Have some details/thoughts.

Let me know if you have more Qs.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in