Nolan N43 Trilogy ?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 8:56 am Thread Starter
ajs

Nolan N43 Trilogy ??

My wife and I use the Nolan 100E helmet and except for the weight and peripheral vision impairment we are happy with them. At the time of purchase we were riding two up. My wife has since taken to riding her own bike, in fact I have lost my riding partner. Since the 100E's are 5 years old it is time to replace them. I have been drooling over the Schuberth J1 but cost and non DOT approval are issues for me.

The Nolan N43 looks to be similar to, and a good alternative to the J1. Does anyone on this forum have experience with the N43? How is the peripheral vision and weight? Does the chin bar give good protection? How is wind protection around the neck area? How is the noise level?

As we are now riding separate bikes, it would be nice, and safer to have biker to biker communication. I currently ride either a K1200LT or an R1200GS (mostly the GS). When we rode two up we never used any of the electronics on the LT and don't have a desire for any of that now. We just feel it would be helpful to have bike to bike communication as an added safety precaution. Any of the push to talk or wired devices are not an option. That just leaves the wireless (bluetooth). The Nolan n-com with bluetooth pushes the price close to 1,000.00 per helmet and I am not sure of its performance reliability. Is there another option for bluetooth in the N43?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Dec 10th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Re: Nolan N43 Trilogy ??

I just tried the Nolan N43 Trilogy at a BMW Dealership in Newmarket Ontario today. I won't get to ride with one until the spring. You can find some excellent reviews of the N43 Air by using Google. www.webbikeworld.com has an excellent review of the helmet. I won't be purchasing the N43 Trilogy in North America because I"m looking for a helmet with superior venting. That's the key quality of the Nolan N43 Air. You can find them on ebay international and they sell for about 179 Euros and shipping is about 20 Euros. That brings the helmet cost including Shipping to about $260 US tops. You can get the N-com basic unit and the E unit for about $300 at www.extremesupply.com . That brings the total cost of each helmet to $560 including shipping. That' s almos half what you expected isn't it? Merry Christmas!
post #3 of 4 Old Dec 29th, 2009, 5:03 pm

I received my Nolan n43 Air today. I purchased it on eBay International. The helmet actually came from a supplier in Italy. The total cost including shipping was $214 Euros excluding Canadian taxes. The actual shipping cost to Toronto, Canada was 40 euros and not the 20 euros posted by the supplier. The only difference between this helmet and the Trilogy is the venting system. Including shipping this helmet cost me $80 less than I could have purchased it for anywhere in Canada. I'll write a review sometime this spring.

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:20 am

I bought an N43 Trilogy Motorrad before Christmas and absolute it love it. Didn't try it on hot weather, but everything you read on the reviews is true. I had the Motorrad version for 260+ shipping+ 28 dollars for the pinlock insert. I'm a daily rider and being trying/using many type of helmets on the last 20+ years. This is the transformer of helmets, good visibility, sun visor, flexibility for winter/summer riding, low noise, space for your intercom and good looking too. The inner pads are not feather feel like a Arai, but is not cheap either. I think Nolan created a helmet that will satisfy many tastes. Go for it!

Leo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K1200LT 01, active
Yamaha VSTAR 650 00, sold
Goldwing GL1200 92, sold
Yamaha Virago XV1000 85, sold
Yamaha Special XS850 80, sold
Suzuki TS100 76, driven to the ground

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in