BMW 3 Phase Suit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 1:42 pm Thread Starter

BMW 3 Phase Suit

Any of you out there own this suit, ideas, good/bad, not worth the money. I have a friend that is a Triumph Sprint ST rider he said after spending lots of money on all sorts of Jackets, Pants, summer, winter stuff. He dropped the cash, nearly $1000 after taxes on a BMW 3 Phase Suit which he swears is GREAT in the summer, warm in the winter, he has never had to use the rain cover.

Just looking for any ideas, I too am tired of spending money on stuff and its never what I really want.

Thanks

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I have one and am very pleased with it. Have owned it for about three years. I do use the rain suit. In heavy rain, the regular suit doesn't do it. The other use for the rain suit is in cold weather. It adds a windbreaker function. With just the regular lined suit I can comfortably go down to about 40 degrees. If I put on the rain suit, I can go another 7 or 8 degrees. Take the liner out and you can wear it up to about 80 degrees, as long as you keep moving. Stop and go traffic takes all the fun out of it at about 70 degrees. Although not recommended, you can go a few degrees warmer by removing all the armor. I have worn the pants, without the jacket, into the 90s.

Dan
New Hampshire
2002 K1200LTC
post #3 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 2:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I Don't See It Listed

I don't see it listed on the BMW home page. Is it listed under a different name? How about the Santiago Suit? Anyone using that suit?

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Like you, I was tired of buying gear that I didn't like. This may sound totally crazy...but I have made the decision to wear ONLY BMW-branded gear. WELL...except for boots, helmets, and heated gear. Last year, I bought a pair of riding pants (Tourence), and 2 jackets (a Commuter II, and a Light' n Easy). Awesome stuff! I will be soon be adding the Light' n Easy pants to my wardrobe. At CCR, I scored a pair of BMW waterproof gloves at the silent auction, and I love them. I am beyond impressed with each and every piece of BMW gear I own. So much so that I have sworn off all other brands. I know this doesn't tell ya squat about the BMW 3 Phase Suit, but I think you're seeing the trend.
post #5 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 3:43 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Like you, I was tired of buying gear that I didn't like. This may sound totally crazy...but I have made the decision to wear ONLY BMW-branded gear. WELL...except for boots, helmets, and heated gear. Last year, I bought a pair of riding pants (Tourence), and 2 jackets (a Commuter II, and a Light' n Easy). Awesome stuff! I will be soon be adding the Light' n Easy pants to my wardrobe. At CCR, I scored a pair of BMW waterproof gloves at the silent auction, and I love them. I am beyond impressed with each and every piece of BMW gear I own. So much so that I have sworn off all other brands. I know this doesn't tell ya squat about the BMW 3 Phase Suit, but I think you're seeing the trend.
Joe, I, too, am very impressed with BMW's gear. IMO it is the best-looking gear out there, I'm sure it's top quality, but it's just so expensive. I believe in the old adage "you get what you pay for", but some times you can get the same thing (different brand, in this case) for less. I'm looking at Aerostich as my fulltime riding gear. At a starting price of $727 for a Roadcrafter suit it's not cheap, but it's less than the comparable BMW gear is. Maybe not! I need to do a side-by-side comparison, looking at features and costs. And Aerostich will make the suit fit you.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #6 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 3:58 pm

OK! Fine! You beat it out of me!

How did a afford 2 BMW heated vests, 2 BMW jackets, a pair of BMW pants, and gloves? I bought it used. Between this forum's Classifieds and several of the other BMW forums, if one is patient, it is astonishing how much one can save. If I told you what I have invested in those 6 pieces of gear, you'd call me a liar.

As I type this, I'm waiting to hear back on several other offers that I have on more BMW gear.

Call me "cheap". Call me "frugal". Whatever! I just know that I'm not "rich".
post #7 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 5:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
How did a afford 2 BMW heated vests, 2 BMW jackets, a pair of BMW pants, and gloves? I bought it used. Between this forum's Classifieds and several of the other BMW forums, if one is patient, it is astonishing how much one can save. If I told you what I have invested in those 6 pieces of gear, you'd call me a liar.

As I type this, I'm waiting to hear back on several other offers that I have on more BMW gear.

Call me "cheap". Call me "frugal". Whatever! I just know that I'm not "rich".
OK, I stand corrected. Once again a reasonable, creative solution that makes way too much sense has been brought to my attention.

You have my permission now to reply with the "Joe is right" cartoon. I deserve it.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #8 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Looks like they might be out of that business. Based on my experience with BMW, they probably decided they were offering too much functionality for the money. Better to sell you the pieces seperately.

Dan
New Hampshire
2002 K1200LTC
post #9 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Well, I swear by BMW gear, have the Tourguard for cold weather and the Venting Machine for the summer,Both will probably last me the rest of my life..

For boots I wear either Wolverine everyday and nothing but SIDI on the bike..........Regards Pete
post #10 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 8:44 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieA
I don't see it listed on the BMW home page. Is it listed under a different name? How about the Santiago Suit? Anyone using that suit?
It is not on their site, and my contact at Daytona BMW told me they are not going to offer it anymore starting this year, but there is plenty of stock left all over it, he himself has 6 pairs of pants and 6 jackets in Daytona. Salt Lake BMW has it on their web site in stock as well.

So I will be looking for one first on Ebay, forum Classifieds, if I don't find one by mid spring I will probably get it.

Thanks for the input

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
post #11 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
You have my permission now to reply with the "Joe is right" cartoon. I deserve it.
Well . . . OK.

When you need good advice...you know who you can lean on!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in