Anyone using Motoport Kevlar Mesh - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:22 pm Thread Starter

Anyone using Motoport Kevlar Mesh

I was wondering if anyone is using the Motoport/Cycleport Kevlar Mesh jacket and/or pants? Looking for a short or long term report on how they hold up and hopefully not, but any info on emergency use of them. Thanks
Ken

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:27 pm

Re: Anyone using Motoport Kevlar Mesh

I think its probably the best there is....lots of info here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80138 p.s. I have some pants for sale in the classifieds that no longer fit me for sale in the classifieds. Also have the jacket but not listed.

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2009, 1:52 am

I wouldn't wear anything else. I researched textile riding gear, and think it is the best protection one can get. The only other product that compares to Motoport is Rukka and it is considerably more expensive.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to read the Save Your Hide article as well as the customer testimonials.

I have the Ultra Air Mesh II jacket with the Aero-tex 2 part liner as well as the Air Mesh Kevlar pants & Aero-tex liners.

Have had it for a couple of years now & it still looks and feels new. People who have touched it say it feels like mail armor.

I wear the mesh year round and ride 12 months a year in Minnesota ( providing the roads are ice free ), so it works just fine in the winter. You'll still need to wear polar fleece or electric gear underneath in very cold temps, but my point is you won't need a separate riding suit for winter.

Like most folks, I had a hard time with the price of this stuff, but when I compared it to what a skin graft might cost as a result of crashing while wearing an inferior product, I didn't have to think about it any more. Motoport was the way to go.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2009, 8:24 am

Hey, you can get a snazzy Joe Rocket ensemble for well under $300.00!

Kevlar, Keprotec, 1000 denier cordura or REALLY thick leather are the only way to go. This pretty much narrows it down to Aerostitch, Motoport, BMW branded gear, Vanson and a select few others. Personally I've been very happy with BMW gear although I've not yet had the opportunity to test it in person.

Bite the bullet, BUY the Motoport and don't look back. Money well spent.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2009, 3:59 pm Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have already done some research and read a few of the articles linked in the responses...a few are new to me for more reading. I particularly like the statement I read..."yeah, it's expensive, but how much does a skin graft cost?" I have pretty much made up my mind on getting a set (or at least the jacket). We both have the BMW Streetguard for winter/cooler weather riding, but I'm looking for something to wear and not roast in. Thanks again...

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in