Nolan N103 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:44 pm Thread Starter

Nolan N103

I would like to have your opinions of this helmet, as well as recommendations for compatible headsets. Our priorities are low wind noise along with good communication and fidelity. The bike is an '05 LT with factory CD and CB. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Nolan N103

I've been using an N102 for about a year now and like it. ASAIK the only difference is the integrated sun visor on the N103. Like the integrated pinlock, fits well, no D link, hits all the right buttons.

For bike to bike/saddle to pillion communication I use a Scala Rider Q2 headset. It's bluetooth, so no integration with the stock radio, which wasn't an issue for me. For ~$180 it's hard to beat, but it does have some limitations. For 1 to 1 conversations it is the bee's knees, but does not do group talks, and also does not support A2DP. I believe that model has been upgraded to a newer better faster unit.

Cheers!

Adam
2006 K1200LT 2001 Kawi KLR650
The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wants YOU!
post #3 of 7 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 3:25 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

I have the N102 also & love it, my next will be the N103. My only complaint is it is a little noisy (Wind) but ear plugs fix that & I can still hear radio , GPS and phone.

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 7 Old Jun 7th, 2009, 5:30 pm

We have the Nolan 102 and the J&M elite headsets and love this combo. The 102 are a bit noisy in the wind but we got a new windshield that cuts the wind noise considerably over the stock windshield. The Nolan 103 should have less wind noise since the sun shield is on the inside.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #5 of 7 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 7:31 am

Here's a thread on ADV Rider on the N103.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289656

Adam
2006 K1200LT 2001 Kawi KLR650
The
wants YOU!
post #6 of 7 Old Jun 19th, 2009, 12:51 pm

I have the N 102 I like the ergonomics however its a very noisy in the stream and its a tad on the heavy side I would be interested to know people thoughts on the 103

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #7 of 7 Old Jun 28th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Please seem my post in thread "Nolan 103 with Bluetooth.. not very friendly"

2006 K1200LT Magnesium Black
2005 F650CSA Silver
2001 K1200LT Tuscana Green (sold)
1999 HD Low Rider Blue & Diamond Ice (sold)
2005 645 Convertible Champagne (my favorite 4 wheeler ever)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in