Held Gloves Experience A Plus... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:52 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Held Gloves Experience A Plus...

I have been looking for a new pair of MC gloves to replace my very worn out Joe Rocket summer riding gloves. I looked high and low but it appears that they are so old they are out of production now. I tried on all kinds of other brands but they were not comfortable at all. Fingers were too long but palm padding was thin or fingers were right but palm padding was too thick or too tight.

I was at my local BMW dealer and decided to see what BMW sells to their customers in gloves and came across the HELD brand which my contact there pointed out and explained that they were toe best riding gloves he had ever used.

I took his word and asked him if they could order some summer riding gloves for me. He explained that they are not always easy to acquire, but they would call me when some came in. I got the call last week and arrived there trying on several different pairs. The size 8 was a perfect fit and I can honestly tell you that after a few hundred miles these are the nicest riding gloves I have ever owned.

If you are looking for a great pair of gloves try on a pair these summer riding gloves by HELD if you can find them.

They are awesome and for $60.00 retail quite a bargain.

P.S. BMW of Scottsdale, AZ has some in stock...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
05' K1200 LT - BMW MOA Member
05 CCR Survivor
- Team-N-Training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 4:29 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
We used Held gloves for years and they worked great. The Kangaroo leather is protective but very supple. I'd still be using them if they hadn't been stolen in Paris.

We did pick up a pair of Held mesh gloves in Munich, but they had no gauntlet and so I sometimes got a sunburned stripe on my wrist. After many years and miles they finally wore out, so I recently bought a pair of Cortech mesh gloves. They're comfortable gloves and flow a lot of air, but they're nowhere near the quality of Held. I should look again and see what Held is offering now.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 6:12 am

S2, I've tryed a lot of different gloves over the years. Usually go thru a couple pairs/year.

My fingers would go thru the Alpinestars racing style gloves (I like the protection), etc, by the end of summer.

I bought the held touring gloves with the ceramic knuckles from detroit BMW, about 120 bucks. They always seem to have a nice selection of Helds.

I'll not return to anything less. For the same money or less, these gloves are amazing in comfort and protection. They last awhile longer too. I'm about to replace the ones I have (about 50k on those).

good choice in my opinion....regards..geo

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 27th, 2006, 1:38 pm

I agree with all above. I have two pair of Held Gloves and they are the finest gloves I have owned in the last 40 years of riding.

Jim in GA
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Thanks guyz for all the advice - been kinda lurking following this thread - I just ordered some Held "Steve" gloves in XXL and "Alexa" gloves for the wife in Small. Really hard to find quality mc gloves made for women that fit.

I must have three or four pairs of gloves that I never have really liked that much...so really looking forward to some quality and good protection. Not inexpensive - but replacing skin is even MORE expensive! I really thought the rivets on the palm make tons of sense.

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in