New 2009 BMW Trailguard Jacket and the Rukka Allroad - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Mar 8th, 2009, 10:16 pm Thread Starter

New 2009 BMW Trailguard Jacket and the Rukka Allroad

I have been wearing the Santiago riding jacket for a while and decided to buy the new Trailguard jacket. Glad I did! It is quite comfortable since the Dynatec material is softer to the touch than the Santiago. The armor is improved, extending further along the elbow almost to the wrist, giving more protection. The back protector is wider but curved so that it forms around the spine more efficiently. It extends further up and down. At first it seems weird, but after the first 50 mile ride today, it is fine.

The Trailguard has pockets galore, all sensibly placed and are useful. I especially like the reflective material on the shoulders and arms, which increases visibility.

The only negative I can see is that the velcro adjuster strap on the cuff is quite long and the end has to go under my glove, otherwise wind can go up my sleeve. Easy to take care of by making sure the velcro strap is tight, and the gauntlet gloves are all the way pulled up.

All around, a great jacket for $629.

I wonder if anyone has experience wearing the Finnish Rukka brand Allroad jacket? It has a price of $1250! Wonder if it is worth it, besides being exclusive because of the high price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Mar 10th, 2009, 6:10 am

Re: New 2009 BMW Trailguard Jacket and the Rukka Allroad

I have used the Santiago Jacket and recently invested in the Rukka Armax suit ( it was a shopsoiled deal ). The Rukka is superb. So far 100% waterproof. The only downside is the limited ventilation so I will be interested to see how it performs in the summer. Any other info needed please get back to me.
post #3 of 5 Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:20 pm Thread Starter

How is the fit of your Rukka? Is it like a European slim cut, or tube, or more like the Santiago with a wider spread past the chest and mid section? I am 5'11" tall, 44 waist, 35 inch sleeve length. The Trailguard and the Santiago fit me quite well.

Another problem is that there is no dealer in the Bay Area and hence no opportunity to try one on.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

post #4 of 5 Old Mar 11th, 2009, 6:20 am

I take a 62 in the jacket so so a slim cut is in the dim and distant past. I would say I was rugby fit and gone to seed. I am 6'2" 522 chest and 42" waist if that helps. It fits me perfectly.
post #5 of 5 Old Mar 11th, 2009, 11:26 pm Thread Starter

Thank-you, that was quite helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in