New BMW One-Piece Textile Suit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Feb 25th, 2009, 7:23 pm Thread Starter

New BMW One-Piece Textile Suit

In this week's e-newsletter from Max BMW was this very interesting bit of news about a new BMW textile suit. Something else to throw in the mix for those who are looking for something like this! Here is Max BMW's announcement:

"There's a new BMW suit in the rider's gear lineup this year - the CoverAll one-piece suit. The suit is tailored for a wide fit to go over your clothing and is constructed of 3-layer laminate Cordura 500 that is waterproof, windproof and breathable. The suit also features storm zippers in the front and down the sides of the legs, 3M reflective material on the shoulders and back, as well as visco-elastic foam materials at the shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. An optional NP Pro Air back protector can be fitted to the back pocket. Available in sizes XS - XXXL.

We expect the first shipments of suits to arrive in late March, but Pre-Order is available now. If you're unsure of sizing, stop in or give us a call. We can order more than one size to make sure that you get the right fit.

BMW Coverall Suit: $749"

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Feb 25th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Garage
Re: New BMW One-Piece Textile Suit

I would be concerned about sweating to death when the temps reach that 60-70 degree level. I had the black and blue BMW club jacket. Once it hit 60 degrees, with the sun beating down, it was too warm to wear. This looks to be similar material.

When I'm going to STC this Spring, I plan on wearing my red 'Stich for the ride down and back. For the time we spend riding around, I plan on mailing down my Airglide jacket and pants. I think I will be more comfortable riding in the 60-70 degree range than in the 'Stitch.

From what I understand, the Aerostitch shines from the mid 30s to the low 60s. I figure that will be the temps up on the BlueRidge. With all of the ice and snow we've had this year, I haven't had a chance to really test her out. It wasn't until last week when I was able to get in a good 45 minute ride in the rain with temps in the mid 40s. I was fine with a lightweight fleece and jeans underneath.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in